Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Hankster
Level 10

Why is that pro at the top?

I was the first DJ service listed in my area when I looked myself up as recently as this past Wednesday. Today I'm nowhere to be found on the first three pages. How in the heck can be off the board & not listed in just two days? I still have Promote on & have not turned it off. What gives?
Hankster 7/5/19
10 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Why is that pro at the top?

@Hankster after looking through your account I found that you've surpassed your budget for this week. To continue showing up in search results and possibly get more leads you can increase your budget. If you need to increase your budget to respond to a customer, we'll let you know. 

If you aren't interested in paying for more leads you can leave your budget where it is for the rest of the week. Keep in mind, you won't appear in search results until your budget resets the next week. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@Kameron  I got notified that I had to increase my budget 2 days ago.. I did that to respond to a lead & dropped it back down to where I normally have it.  So, your telling me that I have to increase my budget to show up higher in the search results? Are you kidding me? That's doesn't make any sense to me at all.  I've paid for 3 leads who all requested my availability this week totaling $87.35. Only one of the three has gotten back to me. Not sure why a lead would request my availability & not have the decency to respond back to me after two follow-ups. I responded to each of those leads inside of an hour. In some cases, minutes after their request got to me. That’s the biggest problem with Promote. All I’m paying for is a name. I don’t get the leads contact information which should be a requirement. I’ve paid good money for that lead! I’ve complained about this ad nauseum to no avail. Why keep beating a dead horse?

Hankster 7/5/19

DJStevie
Level 12

@Hankster 

I agree that it doesn't make any sense. The availability question needs to be deleted. If we pay for that such question, along with set up a call, etc, we need contact information as is provided on every platform that I belong to. After all, we paid for the lead.

This continued issue, @Kameron , is one of many recent and ongoing issues that caused me to put Promote on pause again.

DJ Stevie 7-7-2019

Hankster
Level 10

@DJStevie It is true that I have to increase my budget in order to be listed again. I just increased my budget & now I'm back at the top of the list again. Absolutely ridiculous! @Kameron If I have Promote on & have never turned it off when my budget was exceeded then my listing shouldn't be penalized in any way, shape or form because of that. That's my suggestion!

Hankster 7/7/19

DJStevie
Level 12

@Hankster 

Your top listing should have stayed put. If you reached your budget limit, and a customer reached out to you, you should at least get a notification to pay for the lead, increase your budget, or decline it. Budget should not be a factor in where you rank. As DJ's, we can reach that budget in 2-3 so called leads. But I haven't heard that budget is a factor in where a Pro ranks, unless I missed something along the way?

I heard it from one Pro friend of mine, but now it has happened to you @Hankster.

@Kameron, @Meckell , @taylor , @DustiO , can someone please explain why any Pro who is Promoting, isn't listed in a search when they reach or max out their budget?

DJ Stevie 7-7-2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Hankster @DJStevie You set a budget to let us know how many leads you're wanting to pay for in that week. Once you reach that budget, that means that you spent all you wanted to on leads for that week. You're charged once a customer reaches out to you. So, if you hit your budget, you're not wanting any more leads or charges and that's why pros won't be shown in Search Results. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

What a joke @Meckell. Another flaw with Promote! My listing should not be penalized because I exceeded my budget. Especially if I haven't turned off Promote. I limit my budget because the majority of leads that do ask for my availability never get back to me as mentioned previously. I want to make money. Not give it away to TT with ghost leads!
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

How does Thumbtack know when a Pro wants any more leads or not? That should be left up to the Pro to decide, true? No matter if we hit our budgets. As I suggested the other day in this thread, Pros "should at least get a notification to pay for the lead, increase your budget, or decline it. Budget should not be a factor in where you rank." If we Promote, we work hard to get ranked high, and then we are taken away because of budget? As a DJ, I'm sure that @Hankster will agree, we can hit that budget with 2-3 so called leads, then get ghosted immediately.

Perhaps Thumbtack needs to seriously think of another way to provide us leads. I've given many suggestions for many months, and I'm still waiting to hear if any/all is being reviewed for possible implementation.

DJ Stevie 7-8-2019

Hankster
Level 10

@DJStevie

Actually, I did get notified that I had to increase my budget in order to respond to a lead that was not through Promote. The lead saw my information when searching & requested my availability. Her event is in the same town where I live so I responded. Still waiting for this so-called lead who showed interest & cost me $20.97 to respond back to me. I then dropped it back down to where I normally have it & that when my listing disappeared. So, I guess that in order to keep my listing I have to 'bribe' TT by upping my budget in order to continually be listed if my budget is met for the week & without turning off Promote. That's the way I see it. This is wrong on all accounts. After all we are paying for these leads & are keeping TT in business. Their customers don't pay to use TT. Nor are their customers well informed on what they should expect to pay for a service which hurts us the service pro because we continually see low budget jobs coming our way. Yes, I know I can uncheck the budgets I don't want to see.

Hankster 7/9/19