Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
ricksrepairs
Level 5
Hi,

What are some examples of a message to send to potential customers? I was told to be excited and ask open ended questions. I know the open ended questions will vary per task needed but wondering what questions are good on the initial message sent?

Btw...Rick's Repairs and Services is my profile and tips are appreciated! Thanks
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
DJStevie
Level 12

@ricksrepairs 

Open ended questions do vary between categories.

But I always begin a message with reintroducing myself, (not as in depth as my profile), along with saying/asking the usual "Thank you for reaching out to me" "How are you today?", etc. Then you can go into your questions about job they are asking for and what you offer, even though it may be in your profile. What I've seen, most customers don't read your entire profile in detail, so mentioning some of the things again does help.

Of course, advice from each Pro varies. These are just some of what works for me.

Moderator Kameron

@ricksrepairs thanks for starting this conversation! I'm sure other helpful pros like @DJStevie will share their ideas, but here are some additional bulleted points that I thought might help

• Express your interest in working with the customer, too.
  • Answer any questions the customer might have.
  • Suggest setting up a time to discuss the customer’s project in detail (either in person or on the phone). You can ask for their phone number in your message. 
  • Explain your price (if they didn't already see it). If you’re flexible at all, explain why or why not. 
  • Be quick, we see a 50% increase in jobs leading to hires when pros respond in the first 30minutes vs after the first 2 hours. 
4 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

@ricksrepairs 

Open ended questions do vary between categories.

But I always begin a message with reintroducing myself, (not as in depth as my profile), along with saying/asking the usual "Thank you for reaching out to me" "How are you today?", etc. Then you can go into your questions about job they are asking for and what you offer, even though it may be in your profile. What I've seen, most customers don't read your entire profile in detail, so mentioning some of the things again does help.

Of course, advice from each Pro varies. These are just some of what works for me.

ricksrepairs
Level 5

Thank you, DJStevie, 

I added some of your responses to my response template. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@ricksrepairs thanks for starting this conversation! I'm sure other helpful pros like @DJStevie will share their ideas, but here are some additional bulleted points that I thought might help

• Express your interest in working with the customer, too.
  • Answer any questions the customer might have.
  • Suggest setting up a time to discuss the customer’s project in detail (either in person or on the phone). You can ask for their phone number in your message. 
  • Explain your price (if they didn't already see it). If you’re flexible at all, explain why or why not. 
  • Be quick, we see a 50% increase in jobs leading to hires when pros respond in the first 30minutes vs after the first 2 hours. 
ricksrepairs
Level 5

Thank you, Kameron,

Great answers. I am adding them to my notes.