Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
RCPS
Level 7

Re: "Waiting for customer to respond"

I’m familiar with the changes as I’ve had to ride them all out. The one area that wasn’t clear was that quotes wouldn’t be automatically sent out anymore. They were still being sent out as of last week. If that was indeed announced, a phase-out timeline would have been appropriate to share. And I know I’m not the only one that feels this way about how these changes have been rolling out.
MR
Level 10

Also, regarding the "waiting for customer to respond screens" of which one appeared this morning - why show it to me if I can't do anything to respond? I would vote that these no longer be displayed as they are pretty useless and honestly not helpful to know just that someone looked at my profile if I can't do anything to sell my service. We are all very busy and want to market to leads that can be converted and not waste time seeing people who are just browsing if we are unable to do anything more.
0 Kudos
djblaxx
Level 6

@RCPS All the concerns you have are just like mine; particularly the list of sent quotes no longer displays on the desktop verson of Thumbtack. have you heard of why this is? 

@Kameron These so called updates are dampering my enthusiasm with Thumbtack. I like to go in see what is going on, bid when necessary, and win jobs. If the sent quaotes section is not like it used to be, we should not have to only wait on "match" and "promotoed opportunities, that automatically charge you, but you may not win that opportunity.

Simply put, what is going to be done to rectify these issues? These updates are not "winners" for the Pro community.

djblaxx
Level 6

0 Kudos
Mandijo16
Level 5

I have lots of these going on most of my quotes sent while promote was on said same thing
0 Kudos
djblaxx
Level 6

@PattyB6What you wned through is so not good. Customers should not have to go to another website to find you. That puts Thumbtack in a bad position. It almost makes it "lack of communication. Its like customer states "@PattyB6 I am looking for you...Didnt Thumbtack tell you? Yes they did, but I could not respond back to you."

@KameronWhat are your thoughts?

Moderator Kameron

@djblaxx I've received your direct message about this and your specific situation. I'll be looking things over and will respond to work with you there.

0 Kudos

contact from customers

So lately I have been getting notices that a customers has viewed my profile and they want to know my availability because they are interested in my services.  I respond but I never get an answer back from them.  I am being charged for the lead but I never hear back from the customer.  The last one asked when I was available to speak on the phone, I replied and they nevered responded.  I got a notice that the project was cancelled but I was charged for the lead anyway.  Is anyone else having these these types of experiences?

Empire4227
Level 4

Re: contact from customers

Yes I have had this happen several times and don't understand why I'm charged when they reach out and don't follow through.
Mandijo16
Level 5

Leads that never reply back to you

Anyone else have a problem with leads asking availability then don't even reply back i swear its 2 out of 3 Leads are either out of my travel preference or they dont reply back. I feel like I'm throwing money out the window we should get refunded for all of these false leads