results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
PattyB6
Level 6

"Waiting for customer to respond"

Could someone please explain exactly what this means in clear and plain language? I see many, many of these quotes that do not allow me to send a follow-up quote. I was told that these were customers who had seen my profile before submitting their requests and had decided they weren't interested in me. However, I have had numerous brides contact me through the Knot and Wedding Wire telling me that they were very interested in my service but could not get in touch with me through Thumbtack. This has resulted in me being hired many times on those sites by brides who first found me on Thumbtack. Since I use the free platforms on those sites, I'm not paying for any of these hires. However, I do wonder how many other brides would be interested but can't contact me on Thumbtack because they looked at my profile before submitting their request. What's the point in sending an Instant Match quote if they have already ruled me out?

States
52 responses
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Re: "Waiting for customer to respond"

Hi, @PattyB6 I want to get a better idea of what's going on so I can give you accurate info. Could you send me a private message with the names of the customers and any other information that might be helpful?

djblaxx
Level 6

I am getting this message too in the "quotes sent" section of my inbox. And I cannot respond to these customers. Why is that?
Moderator Meckell

@djblaxx I want to get a better idea of what's going on. Can you send me a private message with a screenshot of the error you're getting when trying to respond to a customer? 

RCPS
Level 7

, I've seen the same thing on quotes that were automatically sent on my behalf.  Here's what another moderator shared as an explanation to why we can't respond to auto quotes. https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Get-hired/quot-Waiting-for-customer-to-respond-quot/m-p/7704#M169...

I've raised this issues/concern in several posts about it being somewhat counterintuitive to encourage us to respond (and respond as quickly as possible for ranking purposes) to potential customers, yet we're not allowed to send a personal follow-up message to any auto quotes (auto quotes, which by the way, come across as impersonal and inaccurate especially if you don't actually charge by the hour (as in my case)).
These changes aren't very helpful for us to stand out, initiate conversations, and seek valuable information to determine if the work is right for us (or the customer).  I feel like every change that's made is limiting what our success could be!
Moderator Kameron

@RCPS I had a similar conversation about this with another pro in our last Q&A. Feel free to take look at our conversation here and let me know if you have any additional thoughts or questions.

0 Kudos
RCPS
Level 7

@Kameron , yes, that was the conversation I was referring to in my original post. I forgot to include the link.

Your feedback on how it worked led to my feedback up above.
Moderator Kameron

@RCPS Ahh, gotcha. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback on this as well. With that said, also keep in mind that quotes are no longer being sent by Thumbtack for you. You're now showing up on a list in searches that match your service and preferences.

0 Kudos
RCPS
Level 7

@Kameron Wow, so that has just changed too? So basically right now everything is being initiated by the customer in terms of contact then, right? So we just basically wait to be contacted. I’m curious, when did that go into effect? My last auto quote was sometime last week. I was curious why there has been no activity in the ‘Sent Quotes’ section of the inbox.

So are we still matched to jobs they submit? And if we are matched, how will we know? Only if they contact us? This is very confusing. And it’s feeling like a Yelp or yellow pages listing.

Thanks for sharing my feedback. When you pass that along, can you also pass on additional feedback on the need better, crisp communication with pros about specific changes to how the platform works. We’ve had several changes over the past few months with no communication via email about them. All except moving to the Promote model. Any changes that happen, we happen to find out through discussions on this forum, if you happen to read the right post. For those Pros that aren’t even on this forum, how would they even find out? I have other business partners that leverage tech to deliver services and they send our broadcast emails highlighting any changes as they happen. For Thumbtack, small changes affect how we work with this system and navigate through it. We need to be ‘in the know ‘ as these changes happen. Thumbtack needs to take better care of it’s Pros and this is a perfect example of how it’s falling short. I hope this feedback is helpful and can help spur change in the right direction for 2019.

Moderator Kameron

@RCPS I'm sorry to hear that these changes are news to you. We definitely did our best to let all pros know through email, pop-ups, screen takeovers, and through announcements here in the Community. To learn more about the new experience feel free to visit our Search Results Q&A and our Q&A about Ranking in Search Results. We also have a lot of material about these in our Help Center as well.

0 Kudos