results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
cgema
Level 7

Can we edit base pricing?

This just simply doesn’t work for me and my photography business. Potential clients are seeing “digital proofs” and think that means the digitals are included. I’m spending money on leads because my base pricing is only my session fee and they think it includes digitals.
Occupations (1)
18 responses
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

Re: Can we edit base pricing?

What I do is specify in my profile, exactly what I do and how much it costs. I realize not every profession can do that, but if you can, it really helps. Also, when the first question is about price, or something else specified in your profle, you know the person either didn't read, or is fake. I don't bother with those leads.

cgema
Level 7

Yea again that just doesn't work as they don't really read that.   The see the pricing as a certain amount and think it includes things that it doesn't    I wish there was a way to take out the "digital proofs" as its very misleading in this business.

0 Kudos

she's right. If the client doesnt read or glance at your profile, you dont want to spend any time with them

Moderator Kameron

@cgema So if I'm understanding correctly you'd like to be able to set your base prices and then include an amount on top of that for what's included in digitals? Would it be feasible to simply increase your base price to an amount that would include digitals? If I've missed something here let me know and what you'd like to recommend. I'd be happy to suggest something for your category to possibly help with this pain point.

0 Kudos
cgema
Level 7

Most photographers I know don't include digitals (like the High Resolution ones) in their pricing.    Prints or Digitals can be purchased AFTER they view the images.   By stating the base pricing includes "digital" proofs, clients think that means the digitals are included and/or that they can print from those digital "proofs".    I would just like to take out the word "digital" from the base price so its not misleading.   "proofs" is more then sufficient. 

My pricing simply doesn't include products or digitals in that base pricing.   I don't believe in locking my clients into a huge upfront cost (which is what it would be if I included digitals)  before they even get to view the end result.    I know many other photographers who operate the same way.   I've been in business 17 years so I really don't want to change the way I do business by starting to include things I don't normally include (aka digitals).

cgema
Level 7

This is another thread which is similiar to what I mean:

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Get-hired/Photography-Pricing/m-p/22514#M5258

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@cgema thank you for clarifying. I'll be sure to share this idea with the appropriate teams. 

0 Kudos
cgema
Level 7

Thank you!    I just think everyone offers something different in their base pricing and the choices given might not work for everyone.   It would be nice to be able to customize just what is included in our base pricing. 

cgema
Level 7

So someone from thumbtack called to try to get me to pay $300 for a service they offer. I declined due to this base pricing issue. She told me it was impossible to edit the base pricing. Can someone explain why it is so hard to simple remove the word “digital”. I don’t offer digital proofs so why can’t this be removed? It’s a word!