Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
Islandshine
Level 4

First Thumbtack Hire

Hello

I am new to Thumbtack and sent out 8 quotes over the last few days and have not gotten even one response. I am a little discouraged. I love to paint and I am ready to go. I sent out quotes to various states and areas as well as local to my area. How does on get there first hire? 

Jill

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
3 responses

Re: First Thumbtack Hire

Welcome to Thumbtack @Islandshine. It can take a little bit of time to secure your first hire, so definitely stay patient. Your profile is off to a great start, but I would continue building on it. Try getting a few more reviews (remember you can get 10 reviews from customers outside of Thumbtack) and add past projects. Let us know if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos

@Geovannipaintin @Abercrombpaint @ThePainter @PercoPainting @Aztecpainting87 @JpaintsUtah as some of our greatest painting pros here in the Community do you have any additional advice that you’d be willing to give towards helping Islandshine land her first Thumbtack hire?

0 Kudos

Hello.Welcome to thumbtack we are glad you can be a part of this awesome community!! I would say that if I were you I would test the waters in terms of what sticks best in your area.I would go ahead and try out a professionally made logo as your profile pic for your business.I would also fine tune and change your preferences for paint leads everyday until you get something.Sending quotes is great but sometimes it’s best to not send a quote right away but instead opt to ask the customer if you can set up a free in Home consultation for a quote. Make sure
You’re also turning on the promote button for your service.This way you have double the chance of landing something.