Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
JzCt58
Level 4

Getting started

Solved! Jump to solution

I just created a pro account and then read how TT works. I admit I am surprised, as it was not what I expected. I am new to this, thus I have no reviews. I know as a buyer, I always read reviews and that folks are reluctant to go with the untested person. I also was a little put off by the fact they charge in a range of fees. I gather if your service could fetch some money, the contact fee would be high. That's going to be hard on people if they get contacted but no job.

States
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Getting started

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @JzCt58 Welcome to Thumbtack! So happy to have you on board. I am a long time Thumbtack Pro myself. Reviews for sure are super important - you have the ability to display up to 10 reviews from outside of Thumbtack. I highly recommend you get as many of those 10 as you can, before you start bidding on jobs - you are so right - customers definitely look at that! Here is a video on how to get reviews.

And as you get started, here are some great tools on how Thumbtack works.

You can feel free to direct message me with any questions you might have - or hop around the community and ask other pros for help.

Best of luck - here's to ton of success!

Dusti

View solution in original post

3 responses
Community Manager
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @JzCt58 Welcome to Thumbtack! So happy to have you on board. I am a long time Thumbtack Pro myself. Reviews for sure are super important - you have the ability to display up to 10 reviews from outside of Thumbtack. I highly recommend you get as many of those 10 as you can, before you start bidding on jobs - you are so right - customers definitely look at that! Here is a video on how to get reviews.

And as you get started, here are some great tools on how Thumbtack works.

You can feel free to direct message me with any questions you might have - or hop around the community and ask other pros for help.

Best of luck - here's to ton of success!

Dusti

View solution in original post

JzCt58
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Twice I heard you can have ten reviews outside of Thumbtack. So people who read those, do they know it is from outside as a buyer I would want to know. But if a person is just getting started, how are you going to have reviews?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

@JzCt58 The ten reviews will be displayed amoung your Thumbtack reviews. The only difference is that they won't say "verified" next to the review. But when a customer sees your quote, they will see all 10 reviews. Does this make sense? If you want to check out my profile here you'll see how the reviews are displayed.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Dusti