Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Customer Service Support

Hi there @JennC I want to get a better understanding of this situation and see what I can do to help. Can you send me a private message with your account email address and the name of the customer?

0 Kudos
DCFGCatering
Level 8

Thumtack Support Phoneline No Longer Talking to a Human

One of my favorite things about thumbtack was talking to the great support staff in Salt Lake City.  They were always nice and jovial and handled everything with like absolute professionals.  Even when it wasn't resolved in my favor I got a cogent explantion and usually learned something about thumbtack moving forward.  It made me better at using the platform.  Always.

Then one day when calling from the number I have been calling for for 3 years I got an automated message saying that thumbtack is attempting to streamline how we get helped and to please communicate through IM with one of their representatives?  I called again thinking this was an error and again and again, and again.

So I picked up my wifes phone and called the same exact number and low and behold I got a different message and it gave me the option to speak to a human.  Wonderful!  Then I hear a strange accent and quickly realized this was not a call center in Salt Lake but rather Manila in the Philippines.  He was nice but was robotic and desvensive and script reading.

Customer/Pro service is why I fell in love with this Thumbtack Platform.

As the top Caterer in Miami you think it's a good idea to block my number?

I can literally call from every other phone and speak to a human at thumbtack but the number this Top Pro has been using for the last 4 years...

Moderator Meckell

Re: Thumtack Support Phoneline No Longer Talking to a Human

We still have our support in Salt Lake, that’s actually where I’m based out of. We did make the decision to limit phone support to focus on our faster, more convenient support channels. You can always contact us through chat, text, email or Facebook. You can even send me a DM here and I’d be happy to help with anything that you need.

4SeasonsPest
Level 5

Are you saying that you actually DID intentionally block his number because its the one registered and thats why he has to call with a different number to get through to a person?!?!?!?!

If thats the case, that is absolutely rediculous! What is going on? You guys used to be so great.. every month it seems to get worse for one reason or another recently tho Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Hey @4SeasonsPest, we're not singling anyone out with this new update. Unregistered number will still come through because our system will pick it up as a new pro / customer. We want to help new pros get their grounding and, while we're still available in many ways for tenured pros, we also want to encourage use of the other channels. We have places like the Help Center, Pro-Center, Suggestion Box, and, if you still can't find an answer, you can reach us at our Contact Us page.

0 Kudos
4SeasonsPest
Level 5

Sooo.. yes. Current pros are being blocked from being able to call. WOW

Its our business so we should not need to call.. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact you no longer tell us in advance how much your service costs?!?!? Hard for you to say that you just feel that we should be able to manage things ourselves when it comes to customer service issues but then not let us know how much the service we are trying to buy costs and be surprised that we want to call and talk to someone.

I'm also a Top Pro and am actively looking for a new place to put all of the money I've been using on TT over the years.. you guys have lost touch entirely.

I'm so disapointed in how TT is treating us all.. you do remember that WE are the ones that pay to keep TT open right??????

Moderator Jordan

The change was made because we have so many faster ways to get in contact with us, like text or messaging us on Facebook. So to clarify - we're not blocking pros, we're trying to guide everyone to more efficient channels. However, if you are a Top Pro, you should be able to access phone support whenever. If you're not able to reach us, we'll have to look into what number you're calling from and figure out the issue.

TackMaster ChefPaulStaley
TackMaster

Thumbtack's customer support was one of the reasons I fell in love with Thumbtack as well! It was absolutely the best that I had ever come across when dealing with a big business, hands down. I would unfortuantely have to agree with you in that the customer service isn't quite what it used to be, which I would assume has something to do with how fast they are growing. I have had alot of success with reaching them via email though since the changes and always send my questions/concerns to someone I met at the Self-Made event, Josi, who is phenomenal! Tried the IM and it felt very robotic and wasn't too helpful, but that was a month or two ago, so it is hopefully better now.

0 Kudos
Ulysses73
Level 1

Poor customer service

It's a Sunday so I couldn't get anyone on the phone I chose to text Thumbtack to ask questions about my account. I got a message from a woman, she was quick to dismiss me was of little help and did not firmly answer any of my questions. I've become very upset with Thumbtack lately with their hiding the prices with their instant match feature and now this my account's not working and I'm not getting responses from customers and no one at thumbtack seems to care.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Poor customer service

@Ulysses73 I'm sorry to hear about this, it's definitely not the experience we want you to have. I'm happy to help you with anything that I can. I sent you a private message, so please respond to that when you get a chance. I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Kudos