results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Ojo79
Level 5

Lead (THUMBTACK PLEAS RESPOND)

With promotion on, i do not get a notification that a bid/view/wanting to book me was ever received by my I phone 10. I find this to be a flaw and a wrongful charge.. I get I get charged when I’m promoted. But I should also recive a notification of the charge , the lead, and the bid put on my behalf. Thumbtack please either tell me how or fix your platform. Because I’m losing$$$$$, and yet your still getting paid....
States
5 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Lead (THUMBTACK PLEAS RESPOND)

@Ojo79 I just checked to be sure that your notifications were all on and they are so that's a good start. So to clarify have you not been getting that notification when a new customer has reached out to you? If that's the case I'd first recommend working through our troubleshooting steps listed here. If you've worked through these and it continues then please send me some of the most recent examples with the customer's name.

On the new system customers will be seeing you in Search Results for free and with Promote on you'll pay as soon as they contact you. The cost is at a 20% discount since you're making yourself more available to the customer. There isn't a notification option for when you've been charged, but you should be getting a notification each time a customer reaches out to you (which will also mean you've been charged if you're using Promote). To keep track of your charges you can view the payments page here

0 Kudos
Ojo79
Level 5

What’s weird is after I posted this statement I started to receive notifications. So far so good. Thankyou kamren.
So where’s the notification when you place a bid on my behalf?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Ojo79 glad to hear that those have started to come through. To clarify Thumbtack is no longer sending out quotes on your behalf. Instead, customers will simply be able to see you in the Search Results if their job matches closely with your preferences.

0 Kudos
Ojo79
Level 5

There still needs to be a notification for bids not made by me.. this is essential if I were to make this full time. As a soul proprietor I don’t have time to check billing until it’s too late.. it’s only me installing/bidding/material expeditor all off my I phone 10 & my full time job with the union. Come on man needs it to be addressed.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Ojo79 there are no longer bids being sent unless the pro does it manually through the jobs page. Aside from the jobs page your pricing and information are up and available for customers to see 24/7. Once they've taken a look at your profile and reached out to you is when we'll let you know about the new contact. If you'd like to see how many listing views and profile views you've been getting you can check your Insights here.

0 Kudos