Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee MichelleHR
Thumbtack Employee

Profile Consultations

The better your profile, the more work you’ll get. No one knows your business better than you, but sometimes you just need a fresh perspective to put your best foot forward. That's why we're creating a new forum to get profile feedback from other pros like you.

So how does this work?

Step 1: Ask for feedback

• Post a link to your public profile
    • Go to your Thumbtack profile tab
    • On the right top corner of the page, click “Share Profile”
    • Copy the link and post it below by clicking the "Reply" button under this post
  • Add 1 to 2 sentences on any specific areas where you’d like feedback

Step 2: Give feedback

• Choose at least two profiles posted by your fellow pros.
  • Share some feedback on how you think they could improve

If you don’t know what to say, here are some questions you can ask yourself:

• What’s already working well on this profile?
  • What phrases, photos or reviews make you want to hire this pro?
  • If you were a customer, what questions would you have after viewing this profile?
  • Is there anything you can’t find on the profile that you’d want to know or see?
  • What are three things that would make this profile even stronger?

To give feedback, click “Reply” on the post you’re responding to. Tag the pro you’re giving feedback to by using the “@” symbol and typing the pro’s Community username. If you don’t tag the pro, they may not see your feedback.  For example: “Hi @MichelleHR! Thanks for sharing your profile with us! I have a few thoughts on how you can improve it…”.

We’re excited to see you share tips to succeed together -- that’s what makes this Community great.  Thank you for being here, and thank you for participating!

From December 3rd to December 7th, Thumbtack employees will join the forum to give some recommendations of their own. Look out for their feedback, too!

80 responses
Zheesavage
Level 5

Re: Coming Soon - Profile Consultations on December 3rd!

I'd like some help on my profile? How do i enter this course
Community Manager LydiaH
Community Manager

@Zheesavage , @maalexander1@shamieya@CAnthony@TJUMz@Ldsmith15@Erica

Thank you for joining us! Post a link to your profile (on your profile tab, at the upper right corner of the page, click “Share Profile, copy the link and post it below). Let us know what areas you'd like feedback on as well! And yes, it's free, we just ask that you also give feedback to two other pros as well! There are more detailed instructions above. Thanks for participating!

TJUMz
Level 4

Thumbtack Employee Nichole
Thumbtack Employee

@TJUMz I think your profile is very marketable and has great details about your business. When it comes to length, keep your intro short and sweet. If you have more to say, add more detail in the Questions and Answers section of your profile. You could add more past projects to your profile to help you stand out to customers and show them work you’re proud of.  I recommend you complete our course on getting hired as well. 

RonJ
Level 4

Your message got the point across but to me it just did not flow.  The cake is beautiful but it looked like it was leaning, you might want to retake the pic using a tripod to make sure the camera angle is level.  I am just saying it might make a difference to some people.

0 Kudos
Xtremqueen
Level 2

hi, I just looked at your profile. one word threw me Scratch..y not put home made. everyone loves grandmas cooking at home. tell more about how you love to bake and how great the sweets are. just my opinion. but hope I helped. I'm a sweets eater and I do know what would make my mouth water. talk about maybe holiday sweets right now.
0 Kudos
maalexander1
Level 4

I'm excited. Thanks for your help.
Zheesavage
Level 5

Im excited for this as well! I hope it begans today.
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 6

Is this guaranteed to bring more leads with Promote turned off? How does one condense profile and include personable messages for every customer/situation?

0 Kudos