Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
JBlevins8503
Community Newcomer

Re: Profile Consultations

What are some suggestions for my profile that could help me get hired more?

http://www.thumbtack.com/biz/fix-me-pc-repair
0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee Nikki
Thumbtack Employee

@JBlevins8503

Hi Joseph! Thanks so much for participating in The Profile Consultation Forum! Looking at your profile I am immediately impressed with your introduction and your experience. The first thing that caught my eye was the years of experience you have in the field. The first opportunity that I see is in regards to your photos. I really like that you have added photos rather than leaving the field blank, however I would suggest adding more personable and relatable photos to your profile that might help you stand out in comparison to your competition. The best thing you could've done for your profile was gather offsite reviews, and you have! You have a 5 star average rating which sets you apart from others. I'm glad you have completed your background check, this helps build a sense of trust and security for your potential customers. I would also suggest possibly elaborating upon some of the FAQ's at the bottom of your page. While we understand that pricing can be difficult to relay, avoiding setting customer expectations incorrectly as well, giving an exmaple of past porjects or pricing for other customers may direct more interested customers to your profile. I would also suggest offering some type of discount or package for new customers that might help you win more jobs. Other than those pieces of feedback, your profile looks great and I am so glad that you're on Thumbtack! Best of luck in the future Joseph. 

AshleyP
Community Newcomer

Hello, thank you for any feedback! www.thumbtack.com/biz/cleaning-dolce
If you were a customer, what questions would you have after viewing this profile?
Is there anything you can’t find on the profile that you’d want to know or see?
What are three things that would make this profile even stronger?
0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee Nikki
Thumbtack Employee

@AshleyP

Hi Ashley! Thanks so much for taking the time to invest in your business by demonstrating that you are open to feedback. Looking at the specific questions that you have asked and viewing your profile, I do have some insight and suggestions to offer. The first thing that I noticed was that the FAQ's at the bottom of your profile have not been completed. These 9 questions can offer a great deal of insight to your business, your values, your experience, etc. I would suggest spending a moment to answer these questions to help customers gain a better understanding of your business. Questions such as, "How did you get started doing this type of work?" as well as, "What types of customers have you worked with?" provide a personable touch to customers interested in hiring your company. If I was a customer viewing your profile, I would have questions regarding pricing and specifically what types of add-ons or additional cleaning services your company offers compared to your competitors. The other area of opportunity that I have noticed is the photo and videos field. I really like some of the photos you have attached, specifically the eco-friendly statement as well as your logo. I would suggest uploading photos of your staff and owners, this builds trust between you and your customers. Adding personable photos helps customers relate and become more comfortable when interacting, making them more likely to hire you. I LOVE the special offers that you have displayed on your profile, this is a huge win on your part and certainly sets you apart from other cleaning companies. The last piece of advice I have to offer is gathering more offsite reviews (professionals in your area have an average of 13 reviews), follow this link for further instructions. Your profile looks great so far and we are so glad to have you on Thumbtack! I am so confident that if you take action regarding these suggestions, you will find even more success on the site. 

rdub
Community Newcomer

www.thumbtack.com/biz/stellar-evolution-life-coaching

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee VictoriaP
Thumbtack Employee

Hi @rdub! Thanks for participating in this activity. I saw that you have 5 reviews that are all 5 stars! You're off to a great start. 1 of them is from a customer that hired you from Thumbtack, while the other 4 are from outside of Thumbtack. Reviews are an essential part of your profile. I would reach out to a few more friends and/or previous customers to get the remaining 6 we allow you to have on our platform! You can get started by clicking here. I love how much information you have provided on your profile. You're very good at explaining and grabbing attention. One thing I would add is a picture of you with your staff. Customers like seeing who they are working with. You can add these photos into your media section. Last but not least, I would recommend adding more reviews to your profile. Feel free to reach out to previous customers to help build your profile! You can click here for more information on how you can send your link out. You're doing great! Thank you for being a part of Thumbtack. Best wishes! 

Kelly_norman
Community Newcomer

I would love some feedback about my profile please!
Moderator Kameron

@Kelly_norman be sure to include your public profile link in your post to get that feedback from pros and employees. You can find the steps to get the link listed in Michelle's original post.

Highlighted
Tlw1945
Community Newcomer

Just started recently on Thumbtack as a business consultant. Receiving views but no contact. I need advice on the areas my profile needs improvement. Please give me your thoughts.

Tim

www.thumbtack.com/biz/search-commercial
0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee VictoriaP
Thumbtack Employee

Hello @Tlw1945! Thanks for coming to Thumbtack! I see that you have been in business for quite some time. We're excited to have you here. I always suggest getting the basics down. Adding a Background Check badge, along with your license will always be a good thing to add. You can look into adding the Background Check badge here and more information regarding your license here. I also read that you have 30 employees! I would also add some photos or videos into your profile. You can take a video of an introduction from you, as well as with your employees. Photos with your employees would also be a good idea. People do like having a visual of who they are working with and the company they are hiring. You can get more information about adding media to your profile by clicking here. If you have any questions or need help, please feel free to reach out to us. We're on your team! Thanks again!