I'm interested in offering Preparedness Consulting services to individuals and businesses. Is there an existing service category under which this service would fit?
Hi Kameron, thanks for the quick reply.
Individuals and families:
- meal planning (stocking food/water/supplies for extended natural disasters or man made emergencies)
- family communications plan (how to contact and re-unite in the event of phones being out)
- assembly of get home bags (individual bags stored at work/school or in vehicles that would contain everything one would need to make it home)
- Continuity of Operation Planning (how can your business function and not suffer financial setbacks by employees not being able to work or for the business to be unable to reach customers/partners)
- Infrastructure concerns (reducing the impact to your business when electricity, internet, or other utility outages occur)
- Physical Security for property and employees
- American Red Cross Ready Rating Program is a good place to start https://www.readyrating.org
@MattHixson thanks so much again for sharing! I could certainly see this being useful in Utah at the moment since a recent spike in earthquake activity has a lot of people in the valley on edge and stocking up on supplies.
Interesting. I hadn't heard about Utah's recent quake activity. It looks like the University of Utah offers a free handbook for helping people prepare in earthquake country.