Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33701: Fraudulent leads?
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
jcojigho
Level 4

Services appearing automatically

Solved! Jump to solution

So, I just created a profile to start working on the site... but for some reason, it auto populated my services offered as tax services. I do not do tax, but may in the future. Is there any way to deactivate the service for a short time, and then reactivate it? I would like to focus more on managing receivables/payables, and other accounting services. Thank you.

Also, do I need a business license to operate this service in California? 

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Services appearing automatically

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcojigho valid point, it will be removed completely and there isn't a way to "suspend it". If it's something you decide that you'd like to do later on you'll need to reach out here or through any of the Thumbtack support channels and we can add it for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 responses

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcojigho to see the services your currently offering you can visit your services page here: https://www.thumbtack.com/services/. To turn it off just click on the category and at the bottom of the next page click "Deactivate this service". 

As for being licensed, it will depend on the pro since not all professions require licensing. It’s up to each professional to determine what licenses are necessary and to follow the local, state, and federal laws they'll be operating under.

0 Kudos
jcojigho
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Right, I tried that, but got a message saying it would be permanently deleted if I were to do that. I may offer this service in the future, and thus do not want to delete it (just suspend it). Is that a possibility?

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@jcojigho valid point, it will be removed completely and there isn't a way to "suspend it". If it's something you decide that you'd like to do later on you'll need to reach out here or through any of the Thumbtack support channels and we can add it for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jcojigho
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Kameron,

Thanks for your help so far. I will keep it, as I am probably going to start offering that service in the next few weeks/months.