results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
jsph1776
Level 4

how to set service areas

looking how to get leads only in areas i work in all my leads are outside of areas i service

Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: how to set service areas

Welcome to the Community @jsph1776. I looked into your account and I see that you have the advanced setting on to Suggest jobs near my travel area. To turn this off you just need to log into your account, go to your services and scroll down to advanced settings. Let me know if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos
jsph1776
Level 4

There are no “Advanced settings at the bottom of the “service” page. And there are bo advanced settings at the bottom of any page for a service i click on. Where is the advanced settings to turn this off. I am getting 200+ a day and im about to get off thumbtack all together because it is such a waste of time if i cant get rid of these partial matches
Moderator Meckell

Hi, @jsph1776 there have been a few changes since we spoke last. There is now only one advanced setting; Suggest jobs related to my services, which is located in your Jobs tab. That is turned off. In your Jobs tab, we will send you jobs that are up to 150 miles away. We do this because we want to give you more opportunities to quote on more jobs. If the job isn't something you're interested in, go ahead and pass on it. Feel free to reach out with any other questions. 

0 Kudos
Mojo1234
Level 1

Re: Can I select the area I want to serve

I was wondering if I can select the distance I’m willing to travel for jobs? Can I select the cities I wish to have leads from?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

No, you can't, unless you use promote. That's why those of us that don't, because we can't afford to,  get useless leads hundreds of miles away.

DJStevie
Level 11

@cranichik 

Even when I Promote, I get useless leads in my Jobs Tab. As I've stated before, I will NOT travel 150+ miiles for a DJ gig. I dont know of any Pro who will travel that far for jobs. Would anyone from Thumbtack travel that far to get to their job? This is my opinion, and it may get edited/deleted, but I feel that Jobs Tab leads are just their way of saying "see, we are sending you jobs".

And using Promote as a trial right now, I've had no leads in my inbox for over 2 weeks, and counting..Hoping things change very soon.

Moderator Kameron

@Mojo1234 when promoting and setting your preferences one of the options that you'll go through is your desired travel area. Setting your preferences will tell us which type of leads you'll always want and where you'll want to be shown in the search results to customers. You will pay up front for the leads that reach out to you directly, but you'll receive a 20% discount and a rank boost as well. To learn more about setting your preferences, check out this page HERE.

The jobs shown to you in the Jobs Tab are a secondary way to meet customers and will still be a wider distance and variety of jobs for you to pick and choose to quote on. The jobs shown there are cases where a customer has already directly reached out to a pro from the search results, but that you can express interest as well. The main way pros are getting hired is by buidling their profile, setting their preferences, showing up in search results, and responding quickly to those new leads in their inbox. 

0 Kudos