Highlighted

Say Hello.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Now that you’re here, say hello to pros in your area. Here are some questions to get the conversation started.

• What’s been your biggest success? Personal or professional.
  • What’s the one thing you would tell a new Thumbtack pro?
  • Tell a story about one of your most memorable jobs or customers.
  • What was the biggest obstacle when starting your business?

Answer one of these questions yourself, and chat with other pros about their answers. Let’s get to know each other! 

Icebreaker_question_cards-4.pngIcebreaker_question_cards-3.pngIcebreaker_question_cards-20.pngIcebreaker_question_cards-2.png

@Ron_Dancy @ShaneTXElite 

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Say Hello.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hi! This is Rene at Fitness Machine Technicians Houston.
So, other than being proactive with hygiene standards, what other tips are suggested in this time of corona virus with decreased business due to closures, etc?
Highlighted

Re: Say Hello.

Houston board Lead
Best Answer
Hi Thumbtack Community! Shane here with Texas Elite Moving, we offer Full service Packing and Moving Statewide within Texas. We are happy to share ideas, tips and experiences with our thumbtack community. We have been a pro on thumbtack since 2014 and have had a lot of success. It did take some trial and error, especially during transition periods, but with growth there are always challenges. We are excited to connect with other pros to share stories and help each other!
Highlighted

Hello!

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hello!

My name is Christian, owner of CleanUP Plus Services Houston, I think this forum is a great idea. I am new to TT, however, this platform has helped me boost my business.

For a new person within the
industry:
He always shows a professional profile, well taken photos and of good quality, he always informs about your promotions, your work teams. Be precise in your response to the client, offer the most information to the first contact (that saves waiting time, make a decision to our client).

Best Regards! 

Highlighted

Re: Hello!

Community Regular
Best Answer
Having a robust profile page with as many pictures of your work is extremely helpful in gaining new clients. We booked a $2000 job this week because our competition only had a few examples of their work while we have many,
Highlighted

Carpenter and Cabinet Maker

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hi everyone's ,
I'm Binh Pham .
I have 28 years experiences of Carpenter and Cabinet maker . I has worked for some of great companies in Houston Texas . I have possible to design , draw the plans , estimates materials and build all kind of wood products from A to Z , as much as commercials and residences cabinets , bookshelves , fireplaces , floating shelves , kitchen bars , barn doors , reception desks ..... all kinds of wood products . If you want to hire the great carpenter and cabinet maker for the low cost of labor with perfects service then you can trust me , a 5 stars of customer reviews .
Thank you very much for your time .
Binh Pham : 8325427180 .

*post merged to existing conversation by moderator on 03/18/2020*

Highlighted

Re: CHALLENGE ITEM: Say Hello.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Hello! I'm Brittany owner/artist of More than Murals. I've been in advanced art since the 4th grade, attended UT Austin as a graphic arts major, & have been in business since 2002. I love being self employed because no two jobs are alike and I enjoy creating unique looks for each client.
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Emerson Home Enhancement is the reliable source for exterior maintenance and cleaning, we are new to Thumbtack but have been in the business 20 years. I think Thumbtack has really helped us locate new customers. I would tell a new pro to make sure each customer is leaving you an honest review To stay fresh in their minds you should follow up every 4 to 6 weeks and ask if they need any additional services you may offer. One thing I also do is if they have found a pro and did not choose us if I can still send discounts for specials we run. Doing this has truly helped us be successful
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
What was the biggest obstacle when starting your business? For us it was not investing in digital advertising. Initially we were print ad exclusively we had a great web site (that no one ever visited). Invest in PPC, SEO and obviously Thumbtack.