Highlighted

Your Questions, Answered

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

We asked Houston area pros to submit your questions to us in advance. We put together answers to the most commonly asked questions below.

• Q: “When will you start refunding pros who don’t get hired?”
    • Thumbtack is here to introduce customers who have a project with a pro who can get it done. Ultimately what you pay for is the introduction to customers, and from there, it's up to you to seal the deal.
      Unread refunds has been a huge step in the right direction for Thumbtack to be able to help our professionals with targeted customers that may not be the best of quality. As long as you respond quickly, the customer’s request meets your preferences, and they do not view your message within 48 hours we will issue the refund. If the customer does view your message within that 48 hours, we see that as the customer still being engaged with the project and you have the opportunity to win that job, and will not issue a refund.
      @Ron_Dancy @ShaneTXElite  What are your top tips on getting a lead to turn into a hire

• Q: “How do you deal with customers that have picked someone else for a cheaper rate/price.”
    • “Great question! @Ron_Dancy  @ShaneTXElite  do you have any insight to share on how do you deal with these situations?

• Q: ”How long does it take to start seeing good results from targeting preferences?”
    • Along with making sure your targeting preferences are set just right, it’s also important to put time into creating a great profile and responding to customers quickly. @Ron_Dancy @ShaneTXElite  what tips do you have for setting targeting preferences in order to win more jobs?

Have a different question? Post it in a comment below for our team (or another pro) to answer!

replies
Highlighted

Re: Your Questions, Answered

Houston board Lead
Best Answer
Hi Meckell! Thanks for sharing these questions

Q: “When will you start refunding pros who don’t get hired?”
A: As with all small businesses getting a good ROI is very important. Thumbtack has been making changes to adapt to the ever changing needs of consumers and businesses. I have had my fair share of complaints about refunds from TT. I will say that the more you respond and follow up the more likely you are to win the job. You wont win every job but you can increase your odds but creating a informative and interesting profile with quality content

Q: “How do you deal with customers that have picked someone else for a cheaper rate/price.”
A: This is a tough one, we deal with this occasionally since we are not the cheapest rate in our market, nor do we aim to be. Some consumers are only concerned with price, those jobs you will probably not win. What you can do is build templates with information about the value of your worth; why are you more valuable than the next pro? Do you have licensing that others may not have? Do you provide more rigorous training and background checks for your employees? Do you offer more service or a broader scope of service for that higher rate than competitors?

Q: ”How long does it take to start seeing good results from targeting preferences?”
A: This is likely different for every pro depending on your area, location you are targeting, how much content is on your profile ect. I would guess that you will start to see traction after changes made to targeting settings within a week. We amalyze and adjust our settings weekly.
Highlighted

thanks

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

hi I'm glad you care about your contractors. I have been disabled for a while because you have taken money from my card. by customers who ask for estimates and it turns out that they are estimators. they don't hire .. when I write to them about this problem they have already taken 100 $ from my card and I don't like that ..thasnk

0 Likes