Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
edwardfrebow
Active Community Member

Hello All, I am wondering how I log onto the as a provider. Currently when I am logged on I am only a user not a provide. When I go to the website I can see my emails and conversations with clients. `

Occupations (2)
0 Kudos
2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: App Question

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @edwardfrebow glad you reached out! We have two apps, so let's make sure you have the right one downloaded. Do you have the Thumbtack for Professionals app with the black Thumbtack logo? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi again @edwardfrebow, on Thumbtack the best way to show that a job has begun is when you're marked as hired although this doesn't have to be done in order for you to actually go ahead and work with a customer. As long as the customer's job has been completed and you've arranged to be paid or have been paid then that's what really matters. Although we always recommend working to be marked as hired and gathering that review from the customer, in order to build the robustness of your profile to be seen by future customers and help get more hires. I see on the job you specifically asked about that the customer marked you as hired and left a review so there's nothing else that should need to be done. If you're more curious about at what point you can communicate, schedule, and do the actual work for a customer that can be as soon as they've reached out to you and you've begun a conversation in the messenger.

8 responses
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @edwardfrebow glad you reached out! We have two apps, so let's make sure you have the right one downloaded. Do you have the Thumbtack for Professionals app with the black Thumbtack logo? 

0 Kudos
edwardfrebow
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you for your help. I downloaded the proper app. 

edwardfrebow
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello I still do not see how to start or end a job on the app. I have the Pro App. I can see the email with the client. Is it possible this is because there is something that needs to be done on the clients end?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi again @edwardfrebow, on Thumbtack the best way to show that a job has begun is when you're marked as hired although this doesn't have to be done in order for you to actually go ahead and work with a customer. As long as the customer's job has been completed and you've arranged to be paid or have been paid then that's what really matters. Although we always recommend working to be marked as hired and gathering that review from the customer, in order to build the robustness of your profile to be seen by future customers and help get more hires. I see on the job you specifically asked about that the customer marked you as hired and left a review so there's nothing else that should need to be done. If you're more curious about at what point you can communicate, schedule, and do the actual work for a customer that can be as soon as they've reached out to you and you've begun a conversation in the messenger.

edwardfrebow
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank tyou for your help. 

Penelope
Community Newcomer
The mobile app really help understand how Thumbtack works. My account got so many overdraft fees that I had to shut it down. I did not understand what was causing the charges.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Mobile app

Solved! Jump to solution

@Penelope If you go to the payments section of your account and look at your receipts, you'll be to see what you were charged for. Check that out and let me know if you have any other questions!

0 Kudos
Penelope
Community Newcomer

Re: Mobile app

Solved! Jump to solution
I realize that now. But when you're on-the-go and you're responding to texts and emails that are coming to you. You really could overspend your account. So now I'm cognizant of that fact.
0 Kudos