Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Are Checkr back round checks mandatory?

Solved! Jump to solution

I received a notification about this yesterday and it mentions an eight day deadline.

Questions:

1) I already did a back round check a few years ago on this site, for which I paid.

2) If I opt out of the Checkr back round check, are there consequences?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: Are Checkr back round checks mandatory?

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason pros can be selected at any time to take a background check, regardless if they have taken one in the past. This background check will be at no cost to you. If you choose to not take this background check within eight days, you will not be able to use your Thumbtack account. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 responses
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason pros can be selected at any time to take a background check, regardless if they have taken one in the past. This background check will be at no cost to you. If you choose to not take this background check within eight days, you will not be able to use your Thumbtack account. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell I am a bit hesitant to use Checkr; there have been many recent posts in the BBB website about errors on their part. It behooves one to ask: why is this necessary?

Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason background checks increase customer trust and build credibility and that's why we ask pros to complete them. If you have questions regarding your individual account or situation, I'd recommend reaching out to one of our support channels. Upon that, if you have questions or concerns about Checkr, I'd contact them to get any clarification that you may need. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell You are correct. Backround checks are a vital instrument in building trust.

I ought to rephrase my query more precisely. Once a Thumbtack sponsored backround check has already been passed, why is another one necessary?

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell My Profile rating has been reduced  from Super Strong" to "Looking Good". Is this the result of not having the Checkr check checked? Will it be restored to "Super Strong" if the Checkr check is checked?

cranichik
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell Exactly @ChefOfAllSeason point. I also had a background check done when I first started with TT. It disappeared one day and I am being asked for another one.

Why? Why did my original one disappear?

I also am not comfortable with Checkr given all the problems that have been noted here, and on internet searches.

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell My questions are about Thumbtack policy:

Why the eight day deadline? What is the hurry?

Why Checkr contacted me and not Thumbtack?

Why did Checkr contact me at my previously set email address and not the updated one?

The support team can not answer these questions. I have faith that you will.

Thanks

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

All great questions @ChefOfAllSeason.

Once a Thumbtack sponsored background check has already been passed, why is another one necessary?
- We may conduct continuous checks on pros in certain categories to make sure our information is up to date. Because criminal history can change over time, we do continuous monitoring to ensure we have a safe marketplace that is as trustworthy as possible. 

Why the eight day deadline? What is the hurry?
- This deadline is set by Checkr, and if you don’t meet it, it doesn’t mean you can’t take the background check. You’ll just need to have an updated invitation sent to you. This deadline helps us keep track of open and pending checks and make sure they are consistently being updated.

Why Checkr contacted me and not Thumbtack?
- We work closely with Checkr to send invites and help us manage all our background checks. While the invite is really initiated by Thumbtack, you’ll typically see a Checkr email first with Thumbtack’s name in it. This is something we’d like to improve in the future to create a more seamless process for pros.

Why did Checkr contact me at my previously set email address and not the updated one?
- Checkr emails will be sent to whichever address is on your Thumbtack account at the time you sign up on Thumbtack. If you’ve updated your email address since you signed up, we may still have the old address on our end linked to Checkr. If you no longer have access to your old address, feel free to reach out, let us know what’s going on, and we’re happy to send a custom invite to your new address.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell Thank you for answering all my questions so quickly and thoroughly. Good work.

or whatever it's worth, and no reflection you, the entire Checkr matter could have been handled by Thumbtack in a far more professional and less heavy handed manner. To be told by any organization outside of Thumbtack to do xyz or else is galling. Thumbtack owes us a more diplomatic and courteous approach when policy is implemented. The sudden imminence of an eight day warning is not warranted either. 

My point is that the policy and reasoning behind it makes sense and is agreeable (although the original corporation that handled the backround checks are a better choice); the way the entire matter is being implemented is unnecessarily offensive.

0 Kudos