results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
RachelL
Level 5

Being Told I Have Two Accounts

Hello. When I try to click on a job in my account I'm interested in, it says I have two accounts and I need to switch accounts. I've closed everywhere my account can be open, cleared by browser cache, and tried another browser, and I'm still having this problem. I've signed out and back in multiple times, and I can't view the job I'm interested in, but I can view other jobs with no problem.

I did add a second email to my Paypal attached to the Thumbtack account, but I only have one Thumbtack or Paypal account. I got my first hired job today, and those are the only things I've done differently to cause the problem. I'm signed up to do two kinds of work: editing and writing and tutoring. I'm losing potential clients because of this. Is there any clue on what could cause this and how to solve it? I'm concerned I'm going to lose potential clients. Why would it say this when I go to editing jobs (which I'm interested), but not resume editing jobs (in which I'm not interested). Please help. Thanks!

Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
5 responses
RachelL
Level 5

Re: Being Told I Have Two Accounts

I clicked on other writing and editing jobs and can in. It's only on this one job so far. Strange. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@RachelL congrats on your first hire, that's awesome! I want to get a better idea of what it is that you're seeing so I can get you an accurate resolution. Are you selecting a job through the Jobs tab and then you're getting that error? Could you send us a screenshot of the message that you're getting? 

0 Kudos
RachelL
Level 5

Thanks for your reply, Meckell. Unfortunately, I don't see the job anymore, so I'm not sure there's a way to show you. I did lose the potential for that job. It said something about having two accounts and gave me a link to sign out or sign into my other account. Sorry I can't provide other information. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@RachelL if you experience this again, please take a screenshot and send it our way. We want to make sure you're able to quote on those jobs!

0 Kudos
RachelL
Level 5

Thank you. I will.

0 Kudos