Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
julesjames
Level 5

Budget Doesn't Work

I am a Notary Public who is limited by law to a $10 product & travel costs.  I must be exceedingly selective in bidding for customers for many reasons, the largest being notary customers usually change find notaries on-line before I can even respond by Thumbtack.  But Thumbtack wants me to bid by pre-arranged budget.  I can only lose money.  Or Thumbtack can lose me.   Is there a solution I have not found?

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
7 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Budget Doesn't Work

@julesjames how Thumbtack works is customers can search for the service they need and then reach out to a pro in the search results of their choosing. When a customer reaches out you'll want to respond quickly as you've mentioned, to have the best chance of hearing back from the customer and holding their interest. You'll only pay when customers find and reach out to you directly or when they respond to a quote you've sent through your Jobs tab. 

Your budget is the weekly maximum amount that you are willing to spend per service that you offer. Once you've hit that amount for the week you will not show up in Search Results and any other contacts you may receive, you'll be given the choice to opt into it and spend more if you'd like. Hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions about the budget or when you're charged feel free to let me know. 

0 Kudos
julesjames
Level 5

Yes.  This answers my question.  Thumbtack's model no longer works for me.  Thank you for our good years now passed by.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@julesjames We ultimately want you to do what you feel is best for your business, but could you tell me more about why you feel it won't work for you? I'd be happy to pass along any feedback that you may have.

julesjames
Level 5

Thank you for asking.  This is complicated.  A Notary Public can only charge $10 in Washington State.  We can charge more for travel.  Many notary requests involve specific times -- "the lawyers meet at 3:00".  And an unusually large percentage of notary requests on Thumbtack are initial inquiries -- people who will learn the lay of the land and choose the walk-in $10 option.   So I must be very selective.  Am I available at a specific time, date and place? knocks out the vast majority of inquiries.  Thumbtack wants me to spend advertising dollars for the 90% chance of saying "No, I'm busy that hour" and the 9% opportunity of saying: "If you have that kind of time flexibility, the walk-in options are cheaper with lower error rates."  This new Thumbtack model just doesn't work for me.  I'd be interested if any notaries in Seattle are still active with you. 

Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

@julesjames thanks for the additional details, they're super helpful for us to know! This feedback has been passed on to our Product Team. 

0 Kudos
Rockhammer
Level 1

Adjusting budget iPhone app

I can’t seem to find where I adjust my budget. I use I phone app to view my acct. Please help.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Adjusting budget iPhone app

@Rockhammer This article here will walk you through how to set and adjust your budget. Check that out and let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos