Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Calendar glitch?

There seems to be some sort of glitch with the calendar on the customer side.  I've seen this a few times over the past couple of weeks.  A customer wants video work done on a specific date, the job shows the next 3 dates and then a date that is few weeks or months out.  In this example it was for a wedding.  So I'm assuming that June 22nd is the actual date of the wedding.

Thumbtack_Calendar_Glitch.png

0 Kudos
8 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Calendar glitch?

@StoriesUpSTL in this instance it looks like the customer may not have a final date set on their project and may be open to your availability around these dates given before choosing a final day and times. If you've begun messaging with this customer I would inquire if this is the case or what their exact situation is for clarification.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Kameron,

I'm not sure how you could say that.  It's for a wedding.  People don't have flexible dates for weddings the week of their wedding based on a videographer's availability.  Sorry, you are completely wrong on this one.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@StoriesUpSTL that's a totally reasonable assessment as well. Was this a job where you've begun to Communicate with the customer to clarify? If so I'd recommend doing that, as it will be the only way to know for sure.

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Kameron,

I'm sorry, that is not true.  Logic and deductive reasoning tells us that this individual's wedding is NOT going to be on 5/1, 5/2, or 5/3.

I passed on the job because I don't do weddings. 

But I do like how you want me to play detective when I'm telling you that your platform has a glitch in it.  I've had other clients tell me "I did not choose those dates." when the system was showing dates for that week. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@StoriesUpSTL if you feel that the information given is inconsistent enough for you to pass on the job then that is fair. However, my point is that without speaking to that particular customer to see if they chose those dates or not, then there's no way for us to know their specific situation. If you do have examples of other instances like this one where you did engage with the customer and they specifically said: "I did not choose those dates". Then please share that with us either through support or with me in a direct message so that we can investigate.

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@Kameron here is a screen grab from the iPhone app that shows how the next 3 calendar dates are auto filled for a customer when they start a project.  This proves that I was right in my assesment of the above situation. 

Why do you think there is such a disconnect between your understanding of how the platform/app works and how it actually works?  Could there be some improvement in how Thumbtack employees such as yourself are trained and kept up to date on how everything works?ThumbtackCalendar3Dates.jpeg

Moderator Kameron

@StoriesUpSTL it seems like there may have been some misunderstanding here. My intent wasn't to dispute the fact that the system will suggest dates to customers. But instead that if you had examples where this happened and the customer specifically told you that they did not pick the listed dates, to share those example with us, and show that there may be a lack of clarity there for customers to our product teams. 

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

I think the best approach would simply be to ask “what is the date of event?” No confusing choices.

In an effort to offer the user so many options the system is now confusing to both pros and the users. I’ve had a few conversations with clients who found the process much harder to use than before instant match was introduced.
0 Kudos