results: 10
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Can I opt out of these new "Be the first" emails I've been receiving?

I've recently been receiving emails and app notifications regarding job posts that I don't care about.  They are telling me to reach out to a customer because none of the pros that they reached out to have responded.

Most of them are for things I don't do (weddings, video transfer services) or the customer has a very low budget.  Is there a way to opt out of receiving these annoyting emails and app notifications?

0 Kudos
7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Can I opt out of these new "Be the first" emails I've been receiving?

@StoriesUpSTL if you go to your notification settings and turn off notifications for New Jobs and Job Reminders, that should take care of those notifications. As far as getting jobs for work you don't do, you can turn this off by going to your Jobs tab and scrolling down the bottom where it says advanced settings. 

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

But Turning off notifications will stop all notifications. I think what would be helpful is to opt out of notifications from JPs who are not getting responses, since they are highly likely to be either a job we don’t want or do. They are also most likely to ghost.

Secondly turning off a permission, weddings for instance, does not stop these types of notifications. I get wedding requests in both my jobs tab and inbox everyday and I have them turned off in my “wedding and event” category.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@mm that's a great suggestion, I'll definitely pass it along! As far as receiving jobs and leads for weddings, I'm happy to take a look and see what's going on. I sent you a private message about this, respond to that when you can! 

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

Additionally, “advanced settings” no longer exists.
Highlighted
Lar
Level 9

You're right @mm, I wonder when 'advanced settings' disappeared. Perhaps removing 'advanced settings' was an undocumented 'improvement' included in the April update.

Regards,
Laurence.

Moderator Meckell

@mm @Lar Advanced settings indeed still exist, so if you're not seeing them in your Jobs tab, we need to look into it! I'll get back to you guys shortly with some answers regarding why you aren't seeing them in your account. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Meckell 

I found the Advanced Settings, below a list of jobs in Jobs tab, but it's only for one setting??? Settings is plural, so why aren't there more settings for this function?

DJ Stevie 5-15-2019

Screenshot_2019-05-15 Jobs.png

0 Kudos