results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
TB
Level 5

Charges

I'm confused if I decline a job I'm still charged for the job??? Or I automatically pay for a job that I didn't accept, this platform is great for those who have $5K sitting to give away. It doesn't feel good to give away money when you need every penny...IJS
Occupations (1)
States
10 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Charges

@TB since both of your services are promoted and you've let us know which jobs you'll accept ahead of time, each lead that comes in will be ones that you're already charged for but at a 20% discount. 

How about this, why doesn't Thumbtack give us a higher discounted rate. For example, instead of giving 20% off why not receive 40% off for being promoted. If the client contacts you then give the Pro's 20% off. Look after the pro and actually care more for us seeing how we are the ones keeping them in business.

TB
Level 5

I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT!!! We are helping them stay in business... Thanks!
TB
Level 5

Kameron for some of the top 5 stsr Pro's we need more 40% discounts on our leads. Its the Pro that makes Thumbtack lucrative.
TB
Level 5

Kameron even if I let you know about the jobs that I accept still I should have a choice if I want that particular job or not. I shouldn't be charged I should have a choice. Even at the discounted rate which 20% is not a lot considering $60 to $75 a lead. Maybe consider 40% to the 5 star Pro's.
Moderator Kameron

@TB Thanks for sharing the idea. I want you to know that we realize pros are very much an integral part to Thumbtack and it's success. I'll make sure to pass along your thoughts about a possible 40% discount.

0 Kudos

Yea I’m getting ticked because I’m paying for nothing! People contact me and I pay then they don’t go through with it. I’m about done with it!
MR
Level 11

@Lesliedimango 

I just shut off promote today. Zero return in any way.

Just not a good business decision for me to spend money here at this time.

HHawaii
Level 4

I agree with the sentiment of paying after the promoted job is accepted. from what i can tell, often a customer is looking at several pros anyway. if i don't want to enter into a blind bidding war with the other pros for a job. i shouldn't pay for the lead.