Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
MR
Level 11

Community Board Response Trends

Obviously the overall sentiment on these boards of late has been troubleing as there are many concerned pros these days. I have noticed a recent trend that most of the difficult questions and comments by pros are now going unanswered by TT on these boards and that only the easy low hanging fruit type questions are addressed.
For this community to truly be effective we need TT to participate even in the difficult questions. I am not saying we never get a response by any means. Just that some of the more detailed and thoughtful posts I have read get much dialogue from other pros but very little if any from TT.
Is there a reason some of these important posts go unanswered by TT?
11 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Community Board Response Trends

@MR 

Great post!!!

I would also love to hear from TT why some of the most important posts/comments go unanswered by TT. Recently, I know that some of mine haven't, and I will gladly provide links as proof.

I thought that this Community is for the Pros to ask questions, help each other and receive answers to most, if not , ALL questions/comments by TT to help us, not avoid them. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 10

Is there a reason some of these important posts go unanswered by TT?

Yes there is a reason. Answering certain questions would require Thumbtack to share information with the community that they don't want to share.

The moderators are unable to provide answers to certain questions either because they don't know the answers and Leadership will not provide them, or on occasions where the moderators DO actually know the answers they have been instructed by Leadership not to provide them to the community.

This is why we routinely see the moderators respond to certain questions with superficial oft repeated catch-all phrases that do not actually answer the questions at hand.

Regards,
Laurence.

MR
Level 11

@Lar
Great insight. Is this also why we see parts or all of our posts censored because it picks at an important point that speaks the truth but a policy can be artificially used to justify it's deletion? Bad news is hard to accept but nonetheless must not just be ignored if these boards are to be successful
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ErrorUnknown
Level 5

First time anything I say gets edited, moderated, or deleted, I will be gone. It's one thing to have to put up with the negativity that tends to swarm around these forums. It's another thing to have that negativity coming from the moderators and the website themselves.

So far I am somewhat optimistic about thumbtack. But if that's how they're going to treat people I won't stick around. It's that simple.

I think thumbtack has something that can really work. It needs a lot of finessing and some changes but it is definitely a step apart from traditional platform websites.

Time will tell. Either thumbtack will listen to those of us who've been doing this for a long time and succeed. Or they will go the way of barrister, Field Solutions, or any one of the other websites I have watched disappear over the last few years because they refuse to listen to suggestions from Pro the community.
Lar
Level 10

Is this also why we see parts or all of our posts censored because it picks at an important point that speaks the truth but a policy can be artificially used to justify it's deletion? Bad news is hard to accept but nonetheless must not just be ignored if these boards are to be successful

On occasion, maybe, although in general I think the moderators do a good job of keeping things on an even keel and only step in when posts go over the top; I know I've been guilty of that myself. When my posts have been edited by the moderators I've been able to see their point of view and I thought to myself, 'fair enough' and made an effort to keep my frustration in check.

And that's what I see here from Pros in the community, an immense sense of frustration and anger.

The system is dysfunctional and has been that way for six months. Thumbtack have known about the very serious issues plaguing Pros from the very beginning when Pros first started reporting them. Those same issues are still being reported today. 

After all the feedback provided by Pros we still have essentially the same dysfunctional system we had six months ago. All the feedback provided by Pros to Thumbtack in an effort to help resolve the key areas of dysfunction have been ignored. They are still there.

Couple that with the inability of Pros here to engage in constructive and productive conversations with Thumbtack to help resolve the dysfunction of their system, is it any wonder that we see a lack of trust and confidence in Thumbtack being voiced by the Pros here.

It's all so unnecessary, it shouldn't be this way and it can be very easily fixed.

Regards,
Laurence.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Lar 

I've also been guilty of my comments not being on even keel or over the top, and also have let my anger get the best of me. But in my defense, my frustration has grown in recent months for many reasons, stated in numerous threads/comments/etc.

I agree that with all the feedback being passed on for at least 6 months, 4+months in my case, something substantial should have been taken care of by now, or at least kept us abreast of the progress of suggestions("We are still working on the suggestions given to us 6 months ago", "A rep will be posting an update of a few Pros suggestions by a certain date", "There will be an email blast coming at the end of the week",) Something to prove to us that things are happening.

As it stands now, how much longer do we as Pros, sit back and wait to see what happens?

Hoping better improvements happen soon.

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@DJStevieI've waited 10 years for change & waiting to see what happens. And I'm still here & still waiting! It seems like every update that Thumbtack has had over those years they take away something from the service pro but yet TT will have you believe those changes are beneficial to us. Ummmmmm.....I dont think so. My good vibe meter on these forums is at an all time low. I'm waiting on TT to present good vibes. 

DJStevie
Level 12

@Hankster
I am hoping for good vibes when Awesome April changes come out, even for May updates.
I have Good Vibrations queued up just in case.
Hankster
Level 10

@DJStevie Hopefully we're not queueing up 'Highway To Hell'......lol