Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
loriondemand
Level 2

Cost of Leads vs Cost of Sending Quotes

I am a former Thumbtack Pro user. After taking nearly two years off to spend with my daughter,  I decided to start advertising my services again. So I have a couple of questions:

1) In the past, after getting notified of a job opp, I would review the job details and then decide whether I wanted to pay the cost of sending a quote. Do Pros still have the option of using Thumbtack in this manner, or do we now *have* to set a budget for leads? 

2) How is prepaying for leads that may or may not hire you different than paying to send a quote to a person/business that may or may not hire you? 

I'm not sure I'm clear on the purpose of the leads vs. quotes... Any input would be most appreciated!  

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
1 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Cost of Leads vs Cost of Sending Quotes

Welcome back to Thumbtack @loriondemand. Things have changed since you left so be sure to first check out this video on How Thumbtack Works

There are a couple of ways in which you can get connected to customers on Thumbtack. The first way is setting your targeting preferences. When you do that, customers whose job details match your preferences can reach out to you directly. You are charged when that customer reaches out to you and you will see these in the Leads section of your account. 

When a customer reaches out to a pro, we want other pros to still have a shot at winning the job. So, we send that job to other pros Opportunities tab for other pros to quote on. When you send a quote through the Opportunities tab, you're charged when the customer responds. 

Regardless of which way you're wanting to get connected to customers, you'll need to set a budget. If you have any questions that are specific to your account, we want to help. Be sure to give us a call at: 800-948-2034 and our customer support team would be more than happy to help you out. 

0 Kudos