Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Customer has requested a call

I received a lead via Promote this morning.  It says the customer requested a call.  I don't see the customer's phone number anywhere on the chat screen.  How am I supposed to call them if you are not showing me their phone number?  

19 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Customer has requested a call

Currently, when a customer clicks on "Request a call" they will then answer questions about their project to make sure the pro is a match if promoting, or to allow the pro to review the job before accepting. From there that specific pro will see "customer name" wants to schedule a call. If the pro accepts and a conversation is started, they can then respond and share times they're available for a call, include their number, and/or inquire for the customer's number in the message. As well, when a conversation is started the pros number will then be made available to the customer. If a customer does choose to call you from the app, your messenger shows the customer's phone number and when they called you, so if you miss a customer’s call, just give them a call back.

0 Kudos

@Kameron @StoriesUpSTL , this has happened to me a couple times this week and last week. After receiving this phone call request, I reach out with a message and my phone number and then no response. I start to wonder if this is even a lead. I even see that the lead "has only contacted you", which then is even more odd. TT used to show our numbers, and allow the lead to show theirs as well. Can we have tech develop a code that when the "phone call request" is selected, numbers are then provided!? I feel this communication gap is in fact hurting us pro's not being able to make appropriate communication to the lead. I have counted now 5 leads that I have easily paid for in the last week that this phone call response selection goes to dead air. 

Highlighted
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@Kameron I think this is a perfect example of Thumbtack's confusing UI/processes. 

Most Pros are going to assume when they see the phrase "...has requested a call" that they would see the customer's phone number.

You should change your system to require a customer's phone number if you are going to show that message and then show the Pro the phone number.

Moderator Kameron

@StoriesUpSTL @Penn-The-Moment thanks to you both for sharing your thoughts and experience around this. I'll make sure to share the idea that this would be a good time to require customer phone numbers to our developers. 

Dan
Level 6

I find it incredulous that TT would tell us a customer requested a call but wouldn’t provide us with the phone number. And then they wait for us to tell them that?! What is the point of that notification? And since I never called the lead went cold and I paid good money for nothing. Again. I guess it is no news if you have spent any amount of time with Thumbtack.
Dan
Level 6

What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense. When they request a call, it is a CALL they expect. They did not request pro’s phone number; they requested a CALL. So how are we supposed to give them a CALL without THEIR phone number?
HansenJC
Level 10

@KameronWhen you said: "Currently, when a customer clicks on...." Did you mean that this process will change soon? Was there are hidden message behind the use of the word "Currently"?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Meckell

@HansenJC no hidden message. Kameron was just saying that is how it currently works.

0 Kudos
nora
Level 6

When is a lead really a lead?

I have no problem with paying for a lead, but if I can't reach out to the customer then how does this truly constitute as a lead.  I have had multiple issues of receiving requests like "Requests a call" "Please contact me about...services'.   

I think this is a fatal flaw in TT's system and is setting the pro's up for failure in many cases.  If the customer registered with TT and TT has their email address and phone number, it should be pass along.  If TT states, the customer has the option to reveal or enter that information when they reach out, then shame on you for not doing your due dillegence using technology to prohibit sending a message without that information included.  It is likely that the customer is assuming that since TT has this information that it is being shared.  

When I have to respond to a request that specifically ask me to give them a call with "Please call me" then I am being forced to begin a potential business relationship by looking anything but professional.  

If it is my job to turn a lead into an opportunity then please make sure that it is truly a lead and that I have the tools to make that happen.  

I quote "Good communication goes a long way in building trust with a customer".  TT

Please fix this problem.  

Thanks, 

Nora