Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Hankster
Level 10

DJ Conversation Starter Questions For Promote

Can the moderators or a member of the DJ product team provide me with the latest list of conversation starter questions for Promote in the DJ category please? 

8 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: DJ Conversation Starter Questions

@Hankster
Good question. That's one I would like to be answered as well.
Moderator Meckell

@Hankster  When you send a customer a quote through the Jobs tab, that's when you'll see that they may use conversation starters when they respond. These are the options they have in the DJ category:
I'd love to chat. When can I call you?

Are you available on my date?

Do you have sample playlists?

Is setup and breakdown included?

Thanks, but I'm going a different route?

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

Thanks for replying.

But may I also ask, what are the conversation starters when Job Posters are looking for us via Promote besides "Availablity"?

Thanks

DJ Stevie

Hankster
Level 10

Guess I should have been more specific. What about the conversation starter questions for Promote? Against my better judgment I'm giving Promote a 30-day trial & see if this will pan out for me. The Jobs tab isn't. I have no idea if what I have sent in the last few months from the Jobs tab is even getting to the lead since, I don't know if they viewed my quote since that was taken away in February. A sore spot with me & other service pros on the many different forums out there. Heck I don't even know if they read it since there is no read receipt feature either. There's a suggestion that can be taken back to whomever on the product team. Anyway, getting back to Promote. I've had two leads reach out to me. One of the conversation starter questions was 'When are you available?' For what exactly?  That question is very vague to say the least. She also didn't provide any contact info so how in the heck can I even get clarification on what she's asking. I responded back on 4/25 & have not heard from her. More than likely i never will. A ghost lead. That starter question cost me $32. The next leads starter question was 'What's the next step?' Again, no contact info provided. I responded to this lead on 4/28. That cost me $26.38. So, $58.38 spent on leads so far with nothing to show for it. Money not well spent so far. There are different starter questions for Promote at least from what I've seen so far. Can you provide me the Promote conversation starter questions please? 

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie @Hankster it all depends on how the customer chooses to reach out to you. The ones that you may see are:
-Sounds good what's next? Or What's the next step?
-Are you available on my date? Or When are you available? 
-Customer name would like to schedule a call

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@Kameron This question 'When are you available?' is very vague question. Available for what exactly? You said, 'it all depends on how the customer chooses to reach out to you'. There's only two ways that I know of that the lead reaches out to me & that's from the Jobs tab after I respond to their Job or through Promote. They aren't required to provide any contact info, so I have to hope that any messages I send out actually gets to the lead. If the lead checks my availability on my calendar there shouldn't be ANY need to ask me 'Are you available on my date'?There needs to be more to this statement 'Customer name would like to schedule a call'. How about the lead providing a date & time as to when they ACTUALLY would like a call scheduled? I am supposed to expect that they will actually call me based off of that? I have to sit around waiting for them to call? I don't think so! Why not have the lead be REQUIRED to provide their phone number so that for one I know I have an interested lead & then I can call them to make arrangements? I’ve paid my money for the lead. I sure as heck expect to have some contact info from that lead! 

Moderator Meckell

@Hankster there are three ways in which a customer can reach out to you through search results. They can do this by clicking on message pro, check availability, or schedule a call. When a customer messages you to schedule a call, it's an opportunity for the two of you to converse on when's a good time to get that call scheduled. Keep in mind that they have the option to give you their contact info if they'd like. 

All of your feedback about this has been noted - I appreciate you taking the time to write it out! 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@Meckellyou say, 'When a customer messages you to schedule a call, it's an opportunity for the two of you to converse on when's a good time to get that call scheduled'. That's great on paper if it works the way it's supposed to. The opportunity is always there for me because the lead has my contact info. Here's an idea. Just pick up the phone & CALL ME! Then we can schedule. I'm available pretty much all of the time. It's a business. The lead shouldn't feel uneasy calling me if they are truly interested. The lead has all of the advantages in this process. I spent a lot of money on that lead because they used the conversation starter question. The lead doesn't know that I get charged because they reached out to me. I've suggested this I don't know how many times, but they should know. It should be a two-way street here between the lead & me. I need to truly believe that TT has my best interests at hand when using Promote or the Jobs tab. Lately I'm not seeing that or even feeling that. I hope that my feedback will be one of the future product updates but I'm skeptical! Prove me wrong!