results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Chantelleprc
Level 1

Do you really enjoy what you do?

Whats the hardest thing youve encountered when launching your own business, considering you are a one man operation? Has anyone found a surplus in the market with no enough availability?; & if so, how do you gradually and successfully proceed in becoming a corporation in regards to hiring more help, labor &/ or contracting
Occupations (2)
States
2 responses
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: Do you really enjoy what you do?

Hi @Chantelleprc I feel you! When I was running my wedding cake company full time, these were the struggles I had. I am great with the creative side, but the business side is a little trickier for me. Luckily, my husband is the left brained one in the family, and helped me with all of this stuff. Depending on your state/city, there should be some online resources as far as the processes for incorporating. When it comes to hiring, labor, contracting, etc - let's see if we can find some other pros with experience and advice.

@Sarah-Rooforia has tons of great advice and expertise in expanding your labor force and growing your business.

@ChefPaulStaley has a huge staff and a lot of experience with multiple jobs/contracts.

@vaughn has experience working in multiple locations.

What advice can youguys give @Chantelleprc?

Best of luck to you!

Dusti

Highlighted
PatriciaN
Level 6

Re: Do you really enjoy what you do?

The hardest thing that I encountered when launching my business was finding a balance between my personal and work lives. I'm a one person operation and there's probably 300+ other vendors in my category in my market but I don't have an issue with availability. I've gained enough experience and positive reviews to price myself out of the average price range and have found a niche of clients that I can get a consistent flow from. My company is currently a corporation since I anticipated hiring employees in the future, but I don't foresee myself hiring any other full-time employees just yet as I would like to expand my specialities first. For now, I hire seasonal employees.