Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Does spending effect position on search results?

Thanks for sharing those screenshots @MMM_Memories. We do need a little more info so we can look into this and get you accurate answers. Can you send the screenshots again but include what filters you have selected? Upon that, we'll also need the browser version you're on for both Chrome and Safari, device type, and the device operating system. 

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 7

The filters are only as listed, ‘photographer’ in the zip code.
OS - Mac
Chrome
Safari
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for that info @MMM_Memories! What operating system is your mac using? 

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 7

Updated.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@MMM_Memories perfect, thank you! I'm sending this to our Product Team to look into. We'll be in touch with via email with any updates. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

@Meckell 

Hi Meckell

Wondering if there will be any other updates sent out about how ranking works. I've been seeing so many Pros with less-complete profiles in front of me, with drastically fewer reviews/hires, sometimes who don't display their prices.

I'm doing all of the right things that Thumbtack advises. My response time is 11 minutes.

Yet I'm showing up 9th in my market - in spite of having more hires and review than 7 of the 8 pros ahead of me *combined*

Can we look forward to any further transparency in the ranking process? 

I've been told to just keep doing what I'm doing and provide great customer service. That's what I'm doing, as I slide down the ranking - and my leads dry up because of my placement.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ScottArcangel there have been no updates to how pros rank. Be sure to check out this article with more info on ranking. When you say that you're showing up ninth in your market, is that in Boston or New York? I'm seeing that you have two different profiles. 

0 Kudos

@Meckell 

Thanks for writing back. I was referring to my NY profile, and it fluctuates day to day. Today I'm ranked 8th.

I guess I'm not wondering as much about updates to HOW we are ranked (seems like it is based on solid criteria) - but if we'll get info on any other factors such as if certain key words in reviews will make you jump from one spot to another. For example - almost all of the reviews of the Pros ranked ahead of me have the word hire or hired in bold.

Is it possible that having that word in your reviews weighs so heavily that it would be more important than displaying prices, having 100 reviews vs 4, having a response time of 11 minutes?

Also - I've heard a number of times that new Pros are given a boost. But some TT service reps have denied it when I've asked. If that's a factor, it would be good to know. Just good to know how the system works - even if we disagree with it - vs being frustrated (or the appearance) that we're not allowed to have certain information.

Appreciate your time

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ScottArcangel Happy to clarify a few things! Keywords in reviews don't have any factor in determining where a pro ranks. When it comes to reviews, we just look at the number of reviews and the star rating. Pros get a rank boost when they target their services by setting their preferences, which you are doing! Other than that, there isn't any other type of rank boost. 

Ranking will fluctuate and I'm seeing that you're currently fifth, which is great. Any customer who searches for a pro in your area will see your profile along with all of your great reviews! 

0 Kudos

@Meckell 

Okay - I appreciate the dialogue Meckell.

I still can't see why I don't appear higher in the rankings - given the criteria that Thumbtack shows for rankings.

I can see for a fact that I have tons more high-quality reviews than others in my category, a very thorough profile, have set up my preferences, display my prices, and my response time has got to be near the top of my category. 

So with all the data I have, and the factors TT gives for ranking - I think there must be more to it. 

What am I missing?

(attaching my current view)

TT Ranking.JPG

0 Kudos