Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted

Emails from Checkr Background Service?

Has anyone else received an email from Thumbtack asking for you to update your background check info with a company called Checkr Background Service?

I believe it to be fake

States
21 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Emails from Checkr Background Service?

@ScottTheDogGuy Checkr is the company that we go through to process pros background checks on Thumbtack. This article here has more information on that! If you want to send me a private message with a screenshot of the email you recieved, I'd be happy to give you more clarification. 

0 Kudos

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.56.22 PM.png

Moderator Meckell

@ScottTheDogGuy that's definitely legit! Follow the link to get your background check started and let me know if you have any further questions. 

0 Kudos

I do have another question. Why do I have to do my background check all over again? I don't like giving out my SS# online and it was hard enough doing it the first time! I don't understand why I have to pass this again if I've already done this once before?

Moderator Meckell

@ScottTheDogGuy it just depends on the situation. I'm looking into your account right now and will send you a private message with more info here shortly. 

0 Kudos

I did receive a private message from you, but it was blank.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ScottTheDogGuy I just sent you another, let me know if you received that one. 

0 Kudos

No, I never did receive it.

What will happen if I don't fill it out?

0 Kudos
Gineva
Level 4

I received this request from Checkr too - and i'm a bit concerned and also I have done this years ago when I first started with Thumbtack - why do I have to do it again? I'm still the same person. If we've moved or have different emails or phone numbers - yes I can see that would need updating. Why can't it be done without or SS #? Don't you have it already from when we first signed up? Please let me know thanks.

0 Kudos