Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Emails from Checkr Background Service?

We are asking pros that have an old background check to take a new one through Checkr so they can have an updated badge. It is not required at this point, but you could be required to take it at any point. We are trying to avoid any disruption with pros accounts by having them take a new one. 

emobrien603
Level 4

Why are they asking for my SS#.  I'm not comfortable with that.  The email I received "threatens" that I won't receive any more requests for quotes thru Thumbtack if I don't submit the information.  ?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@emobrien603 the SS# is part of the info required when submitting a background check. I'd be sure to check the article link that Meckell and I have shared a few times in this thread for more information, HERE

0 Kudos
Ratchley
Level 4

I am not comfortable giving out my social security # again after I have been a customer for many years.

I think a lot of us will not like this.

I didn't fill it out the new one and now I am not getting any referrels.

I really don't like this at all.  Especially being forced to fill out another backgroundcheck that I have already submitted just a few years ago.

Maybe it's time for a change.

0 Kudos
JanDHM
Level 5

Hi Meckell,

I also received that message right after I tried to list my business license on Thumbtack and Thumbtack couldn't find it on the LARA website. Could that be why they are asking for a background check again? I can send the certified documents that show I have a license. I don't know why it isn't showing up when you or I do a verification search. I only see it when I log in to my own account with LARA. I just now realized that customers could see that I listed a license but that it couldn't be verified. I deleted the license on Thumbtack and it went back to "Background check completed."  Does that mean I'm ok with the background check I had already?

Jan Dale

Dale House Murals LLC

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hey there @JanDHM. I'm happy to look into this and get you further clarification. It looks like you already have a background check completed, but depending on the time that has passed since you took it, we may need an updated one. Can you send me a private message with a screenshot of the email you received? Once I get that, I'll be able to dig into this a little more and get you more info. 

0 Kudos
JanDHM
Level 5

Yikes. I got a text, not an email. I don't know how to do a screen shot from my phone. I thought the text was suspicious because I did not get an email notification.
0 Kudos
Gineva
Level 4

I was just going to ask this same question - IDK why I have to do it again though - I've done it years ago when I first joined Thumbtack. I'm still the same person - I think :-\

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

It’s legit and takes a few minutes to fill out the form and get a response.
photog2847
Level 5

Give thumbtack your social security # or get removed from site

So, I was just informed that if I don't give Thumbtack my date of birth, full name and social security number, they will remove my profile from the site - even though I've been a PRO for over 10 years.  Nice, goin' Thumbtack.  Deep state much...