results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
rjpurple12
Level 4

General issues regarding the app

I downloaded the app on 5/31/19. I had heard this was going to be great. What I became aware of yesterday was that although I changed the setting (several times) for the distance I am willing to travel and that I am offering to clean homes, the app keeps reverting back to Commercial cleanings and to jobs that are up to 150 miles away. I change this and I get out of the app to get lead notifications and the leads are really far away again. Why is it doing this? There seems to be an issue with the app. Should I uninstall and reinstall? That seems pretty extreme especially if it is an app issue. I really don't have time for these issues. And I have looked to see about it being on Promote, and it is. So that shouldn't be the issue. I am currently also with Home Advisor and they really suck. So I am looking for something better. 

States
1 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: General issues regarding the app

@rjpurple12 welcome to Thumbtack and the Pro Community! The filter with the 150 miles your speaking of applies directly to the secondary opportunities shown on the Jobs tab to help pros better sort through what's shown there. Jobs tab opportunities aren’t as valuable as the leads in your inbox. That’s because those leads come from customers who’ve picked you first from a list of pros in their search results. Learn more about using the Jobs tab in Thumbtack Help.

If a pro sets up their targeting preferences they will indeed go through the travel preferences section and choose the zip codes they'd like to be shown in specifically on the search results. Hopefully this helps, let me know if you have any additional questions.

0 Kudos