Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
aolschner
Community Newcomer

Getting Hired

Hi can someone explain to me how the HIRED button works.  Does the client eventually end up showed THEY HIRED you.  OR is this something I do from my side as the busines owner?  I tried to search on hHumbtack for the answer but did not find anything that help explain it to me.  

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
5 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Getting Hired

Great question @aolschner! Customers and pros have the option to update the status of their project, which you can read more about here. Let me know if there's anything else I can help clarify. 

0 Kudos
aolschner
Community Newcomer

I do not understand projects. Do I havevto create a project if I het one of the clients that reach outbyo ne say they want to work with me? So confused?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@aolschner creating a project is something that customers do from their side when they've searched for a pro to do the job and then reached out. If a customer has reached out to you, then you'd continue to communicate, schedule, and provide your services to them and at any point in the process, they can leave you a review. 

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Active Community Member

@Meckell This is one of the most puzzling things about Thumbtack, and it's not something that most Pros are aware of.  Why would a customer think that they would need to "Update the project" before hiring a Pro?  That is not obvious to most people.  What is the logic to NOT having a big blue "Hire this Pro" button? It's like having an ecommerce site without a cart.   You could even have a "Are you sure you want to hire this Pro?" pop up to cut down on accidental hires.  

MTNotary
Community Newcomer

You hit the nail on the head because my clients are clueless and therefore I get hired outside of Thumbtack. Just how do they hire you, so many are complaining about this feature and I don't have the answer and it seems it's not clear for lots of us PROS.  Thanks for your input it really helped!

0 Kudos