Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
RayS
Level 5

“Hire This Pro” Button

Solved! Jump to solution
Good morning

I have looked and looked, but I can not find a button for the client to click that says “Hire”

Am I missing a big orange button somewhere?

This should be in every quote sent to the client as well as on every profile page on the site!

Maybe there should be an “Instant Hire” feature that a customer can execute upon review of a profile after a quote or promote is sent/approved by the pro...

It stands to reason the customer is seeking a pro and you want us to get hired - so why is it not an elementary part of every page?
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
RayS
Level 5

Re: “Hire This Pro” Button

Solved! Jump to solution

After review and discussion....

maybe there could be a grayed out button on the quote page that the pro or pros can activate via a check box on the pro’s quote when they are at a place where they are ready to be hired - which would activate the hire button - it would just be a better way

View solution in original post

5 responses
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Hello @RayS, currently there is not an actual hire button shown to customers. Once a conversation has started with a pro the customer will have the option to leave that pro a review based on the experience they've had. I'll make sure to pass along your feedback about wanting an actual hire button for customers to use when they've chosen which pro they'd like to work with.

0 Kudos
RayS
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you Kameron for your prompt response and attention to this obvious missing piece of functionality that should be 1” high x 2” wide on every page!

Most people do not want to hunt, they want it right there in front of their eyes! 

0 Kudos
RayS
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

see Below

0 Kudos
RayS
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

After review and discussion....

maybe there could be a grayed out button on the quote page that the pro or pros can activate via a check box on the pro’s quote when they are at a place where they are ready to be hired - which would activate the hire button - it would just be a better way

View solution in original post

Feature request

Solved! Jump to solution

I find it necessary many times to get MORE DETAIL from the client than what is posted on the original job in order to provide an accurate quote for the job (I provide services in the creative marketing content verticle). In order to do that, I need to communicate with them. However, with the way the Thumbtack model is designed, as soon as they respond to me, I may be charged. This is antithetical to creating a good relationship between the client and the provider. Surely there is a way to add another step like a "You're Hired" button or something that would make the hiring process more official thus allowing the provider and the client an opportunity to communicate prior to the official hiring. There may be a time when the project sounds fine until you get that one critical detail that makes the job a no go. 

I'd love to here from other pros about this. What do you all think?! Am I right?