Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Jani-ServInc
Level 1

How can a customer change their review?

I don't understand how a customer that used us for years, can all the sudden change their reviews. We have a commercial cleaning service and did a great job and the customer stop using us 4 months ago after 2-3 years of great service. Sometimes price and sometimes quality are why people change contractors. We had a great relationship and all was well. Then randomly after 4 months of no contact they change the 5 star review to a 3 and haave the same great review. I am bothered that I am struggling like any business to keep a great reputation and the very service that generates leads for us and many others allows this. Why were they all the sudden prompted to do this.

Occupations (1)
States
5 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: How can a customer change their review?

@Jani-ServInc I'm sorry to hear about this tough experience with a long-time customer. Customers are able to update each review once to share any new details about their experience. Pros can also respond to the updated review. Once a customer has left their first review they won't receive any prompts from Thumbtack to update it, so they must have chosen to do so on their own.

When it comes to negative reviews we recommend taking time to respond politely and patiently. That way, other customers (who’ll be able to read your response) can see that you’re willing to receive, listen to and act on customer feedback. You could possibly include something in your response about how you're eager to hear more about what changed in their experience and that you'll attempt to reach out to them soon directly. 

@Kameron Are you saying it is TT's policy to allow a customer to change their review at will with no explanation why?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@ChefOfAllSeason correct, Customers are able to update each review once to share any new details about their experience. Pros can also respond to the updated review.

0 Kudos
ReeseTee
Level 7

Is there, or is there not: A one year time limit for a Customer to edit or alter a review?

I am asking because the discussion is not clear. I had a TT customer who was happy, mistakenly give me a bad review, a couple of years after the job was done. It did get cleared up. In my phone discussion with support: I was told one year for the customer to place or edit a review.
Could you please clarify on the time limits for one of our TT customers to place and edit reviews?

thanks,  Reese Turbin

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Happy to clarify @ReeseTee. Customers are able to do a one time update of their review. Customers have a year from when the job was completed to update that review. Let us know if you have any other questions!