Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Highlighted
Lar
Community Veteran

How do leads end up on the Jobs tab?

I'm trying to figure out precisely what criteria/circumstances/process Thumbtack usesto determine how and when the job details for a lead is broadcast/syndicated to the Jobs tab of its Pros.

If a job poster reaches out to a Promoted Pro are the job details of that lead immediately broadcast/syndicated to other Pros?

Do all Pros (who's criteria match either fully or partially) receive that lead in their Jobs tab all at the same time?

Those are just two questions I'd like answered but it would be really beneficial to me if someone from Thumbtack could explain the actual inner workings of the Jobs tab in detail so that I can fully understand the process at work here.

Regards,
Laurence.

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
15 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: How do leads end up on the Jobs tab?

@Lar the post I wrote HERE, I think answers this for the most part. This happens when a customer reaches out to any pro in general and not specifically when they reach out to one who's promoting. When the info for the project is sent to pros in the Jobs tab it happens quite quickly in order to give them time to respond. The jobs that show there may or may not match the pros preferences, but they are free to pick and choose the ones that interest them.

0 Kudos
Lar
Community Veteran

Re: How do leads end up on the Jobs tab?

Thanks for clarifying Kameron.

Once a customer reaches out to a pro we want to make sure they’re taken care of, so that job will be sent to the Jobs tab for other pros to express interest in if they feel that they could also be a great fit. Again this is in case the pro doesn’t respond, isn’t available, or to simply give a few other options if the customer wants to see what else is available.

I touched on this in another thread in a different context but this is another example of Thumbtack working against its Pros.

I get that Thumbtack want to make sure that the customer is 'taken care of' and is connected with a Pro quickly.

Surely though don't you feel the same way about the Pro who the customer chose to reach out to, the Pro who automatically paid Thumbtack to obtain lead? Do you not want to make sure that the Pro is taken care of? The Pro paid for that lead, don't you want to make sure that the Pro has the best opportunity of turning the lead they purchased into a customer? 

If I pay for a lead and Thumbtack are advertising my lead on the Jobs tab of my competitors before I've had an opportunity to respond to my lead then Thumbtack is working against me. You are seriously undermining my chances of turning my lead into a customer by encouraging my competitors to reach out to my lead directly. 

I can certainly see how the Jobs tab could be a very useful tool. If I don't respond in a timely fashion or (if I were a non-promote Pro) if I decline the lead that would work well. Thumbtack would be 'taking care' of the customer AND 'taking care' of the Pro at the same time. 

By telling other Pros about my leads (the ones I've paid you for) just in case I don't respond, or just in case I decline their lead, or just in case another Pro would be a better fit, you're not being fair to me. Remember, the lead reached out to me, I paid you for the lead, please don't get in the way of me working to turn my lead into a customer. 

Regards,
Laurence.

ChefOfAllSeason
Community Veteran

Pop ups

Two days ago, pop ups started to appear in my jobs tab for leads I have already bid on a while ago; one of them was refunded. They are not recent. I asked customer service, and at first the agent did not understand it. After lengthy discussion (over 30 minutes!) it was finally determined that this is now a new policy that is supposed to somehow be helpful. It is not. Frankly, it is distracting. It also carries with it a blurb about using promote. I mean, really? Another lure? If I wanted promote then I would promote. Could you please diable these annoying pop ups? They are counter productive.

0 Kudos
MR
Community Veteran

How does a lead get selected to appear in my Jobs Tab?

Can anyone describe how a lead is selected to be in a certain pro's Job Tab? Clearly not every Job request that is ceated in a pro's area and matching their services offerrings is sent to all pros in that area and providing that service... so.. how does a lead get selected to appear in my Jobs Tab?

nora
Active Community Member

Re: How does a lead get selected to appear in my Jobs Tab?

Very good question. I’ve also wondered the same thing.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@MR @nora you'll see that jobs in the Jobs tab will vary. If a job is in the Jobs tab, that means that the customer reached out to another pro already. However, we still want to give other pros the option to send the customer a quote. If the job is an exact match to the preferences you have set, you'll see it in the Jobs tab. If the details don't match your preferences but the job is for the service you offer, you'll also see that in your Jobs tab. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers your question.
0 Kudos
ChefOfAllSeason
Community Veteran

@Meckell If I understand the process correctly: What appears in the jobs tab are either leads that Pros have not yet responded to or never will respond to, or have responded to and are still open for more bidding. 

Please help clarify three questions:

1) How do we, your valued and loyal Thumbtack customers know whether the job poster reached out to Pros of their own accord or did Thumbtack reach out as a facet of Target?

2) There is (in the upper eft corner of every lead) a time indicator that shows when the lead appeared in the Jobs Tab. How long after the leads are made available to Targetting Pros that set their preferences, etc, will these leads appear in the Jobs Tab?

3) What is the life span of a lead? For example, The Job Poster makes a request, and the lead is automaticly sent to whichever Pros have their targets set for it. After a certain time span (TBA) it is placed in the Jobs Tab. Eventually it is removed.  What is the entire shelf life of the lead from start to finish?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason

1) As I mentioned in my post above "If a job is in the Jobs tab, that means that the customer reached out to another pro already." Customers have to reach out to pros, Thumbtack does not do this on their behalf. 

2) Once a customer reaches out to a pro or pros, the jobs appear in other pros Jobs tabs almost immediately. 

3) A job will remain in the Jobs tab until 5 pros have sent a quote to that customer through the Jobs tab or once 48 hours have passed. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers your question.
0 Kudos
ChefOfAllSeason
Community Veteran

@Meckell In your explanation above, it says  "If the job is an exact match to the preferences you have set, you'll see it in the Jobs tab. If the details don't match your preferences but the job is for the service you offer, you'll also see that in your Jobs tab

My question is: Wouldn't I see these leads in my inbox?

0 Kudos