Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
DJStevie
Community Expert

Re: How does Rank Boost for Pros who use Promote actually work when we are never told our rank?

@Kameron

Thank you for your reply. I've included in my bio that I am licensed and insured, but if using Promote, customers aren't reading my profile in detail. They are clicking conversation starters.

Veryifying DJ licenses, will weed out those DJ "Wannabees" and show customers that licensed DJ's do exist. Just a thought.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Community Veteran

How long is a new Pro NEW?

I have a new competitor. And I am being told by Thumbtack that all new Pros are given a boost in rank to get the ball rolling for them.

How long does that preferential treatment last? When will I expect the new Pro to be ranked fairly with all the other Pros who are ranked on the Five criteria?

And, given that this new Pro has his "License Verified", When was his license verified? Or does he have some other license, but NOT a Home Inspection License?

I leaned just today that when a Pro is verified for any license, then the "License Verified" shows up for all categories that the Pro is offering quotes and services. Even when Thumbtack does no verify Home Insption Licenses. How is this fair to the consumer? This has the potential of misleading a customer into thinking that a Pro has a verified license in category A such as Home Inspection while the Pro actually has a verified license in category B such as chimney sweep. Or possibly even catering, or as a wedding officiant. It could happen.

If this new PRO recieved preferential treatment by getting his Home Inspectors licensed verified AFTER I was told that Thumbtack was no longer verifying Home Inspection Licenses. How could that even be fair? I tried to get my license renewed in December 2018. The only way this Home Inspector came in as a "New" pro and got his License verified would be if he arrived before 12-1-2018, or he is licensed as something other than a Home Inspector.

JCH  ~~  5-7-2019

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Kameron

Re: How long is a new Pro NEW?

@HansenJC I believe you and Meckell have already discussed the ways that we help newer pros along with the discussion around your license if you have any continued questions around that I'd continue to follow up with her there. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Community Veteran

Just answer the question. How long is a new pro NEW? @Meckell did not answer this question.

JCH ~~ 5-8-2019

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@HansenJC there is no definitive answer to this. It will definitely vary depending on that pros activity level as well as the activity for that specific service in that area. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Community Veteran

And the net result is a lack of transparency on the part of Thumbtack regading what influences out profile rank. And factors totally out of our control are not indicated in the articles on "Getting Started" nor any published information on how we can inprove our Profile Rank.

I am asking Thumbtack to tell all Pros every factor that influences their rank. We should also know how often and when the ranking is recalculated.

JCH  ~~  5-8-2019

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC ranking changes are ongoing and constantly updated in real time throughout the day. I'm sorry that you feel there is a lack of transparency here. Ultimately the best thing for a pro to focus on in regards to ranking are the 5 things that they can control in terms of improving their own profile and visibility instead of others. The first recommendation I would make in order for you to climb the ranking and show above those other pros is to collect more reviews, those really can go a long way. You can have up to 10 reviews from customers of yours from outside of Thumbtack by sending them your public review link.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Community Veteran

I will not subject my customers to exposure to Thumbtack by asking them to review me on Thumbtack. That method of promotion is not of interest to my discriminating and very conservative customers, and I respect their wishes.

Many of my clients are successful business professional and wish not to become exposed to Thumbtack in any way.

JCH  ~~  5-8-2019

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
HansenJC
Community Veteran

@KameronAnd when you advise me to get 10 reviews, how is it that Pros with zero, two or even three reviews ranked above me. I am unable to consider your advice valid based on the evidence visible to everyone.

JCH  ~~  5-8-2019

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos