Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

How does a customer cancel their job request?

Does anyone know how a customer can cancel their job request on your dashboard if they decide not to move forward with the project? (not  due to the contractor, but because they don't want to do the project at all anymore).

Occupations (2)
States
0 Kudos
5 responses
ReeseTee
Level 8

Re: How does a customer cancel their job request?

I don't know if it is still there: After 7 years, and 2,000+ bids sent out: I think I have seen the following three or four status updates from  TT:

You're Hired

Job-Poster hired another Pro

Job-poster cancelled the project or decided to do it themselves

The "null" or nothing update, which may, or may not, include a notice that the job-poster read your bid. 

I think the JP just has to drill down, either on-line, or using the APP, and they should be able to cancel a posted job.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Great question @Organizer2020. As of right now, there isn't an option for customers to cancel their project. If you have a customer who has questions regarding their project or account, we'd love to help them out. Just have them give us a call at 800-948-2034. 

0 Kudos
ReeseTee
Level 8

I'm totally confused. Is this a recent change?  I have messages, from TT, within the last few months, telling me JP's cancelled their project.
What is going on???  And one more time. They are not customers. They are Job-Posters.

JP cancel.jpg

@ReeseTee There isn't an option for customers to update the status directly from their account. However, if they haven't taken any action on their project, they will receive an email asking them to update their project status. When you get notifications stating that customers canceled their project, that's because they received that email and updated the status. 

ReeseTee
Level 8

Thanks, I guess. Had you been more articulate in your initial reply....would have saved me some work.

0 Kudos