results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
MR
Level 10

Huge inconsistency between pro job types and what customer sees

Recently I was browsing TT from a Lead's point of view vs what I see as a pro. In this case I was looking at mediation, which is one of my areas of service I provide.

When I looked as a customer I could not believe all of the sub-categories I could select. See image belowScreen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.52.46 AM.png

But then, as a pro, NONE of these are available for me to select or deselect. See image below

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.53.27 AM.png

In fact, Job type preferences is not even a choice here. Also, there is a choice leads can make for "remote mediation", however that is not available to me to select/deselect in my travel preferences.

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 8.04.28 AM.png

I urge other pros to look at their service areas and see if same is happening.

What is going here? This is a big issue that needs attention.

6 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Huge inconsistency between pro job types and what customer sees

@MR the option to choose remote work is one of the fields listed when editing your profile, between your reviews and business hours. 

As for the mediation type, I've made sure to report your feedback that it would make sense for the customer filters to reflect the pros preference options. 

0 Kudos

@Kameron I would love an overhaul of the choices the JP is given in my services.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@ChefOfAllSeaon I'm not quite sure I know what you mean exactly. Can you expand on that a bit more?

0 Kudos

@Kameron Well, I have posted expansions and examples of what an overhaul would mean at least 5 other times. I am, however, willing to give some examples again:

Birthday/Anniversary

Baptism/Communion

Bridal Shower/Baby Shower

Brunch/Dinner Party

Cocktail Hour/ Hors d'Oeuvres

11-20 guests

fewer than 20 guests 

50-99 guests 

These are some of the choices a JP is offered when they make an honest and sincere attempt at booking a highly qualified Caterer such as yours truly. I receive a lot of feedback directly from my customers about their Thumbtack user experience. Almost everyone says the setup is cumbersome and difficult to specify what their event is about. Many do not realize the message box is available. A person booking a Communion does not want to choose Baptism as an option. I think the problem is obvious and until the product team finds a way to repair it, my spending will remain quite low on this site. Frankly, I am curious as to why it is setup this way. You have at your disposal some of the finest IT techs in the industry and TT has always expressed an interest in "working in partnership with the pro".

I hope this has been helpful.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@ChefOfAllSeason thanks for clarifying. If you've shared this feedback with us previously on numerous occasions I'm certain that it's already been documented and shared, but I'll review and check to make sure. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 9

@MR asked, "What is going here? This is a big issue that needs attention."

Preventing Pros in the 'Mediation' category (and possibly other categories) from specifying 'Job Types' allows Thumbtack to treat virtually all 'Mediation' jobs as being 'exact matches' and therefore automatically charge more Pros that have 'targeting' on.

For example, imagine you're a Pro who provides 'Mediation' - you have 'targeting' on but you don't do 'Real Estate Mediation'.

If a Lead reaches out to you looking for 'Real Estate Mediation' (which you don't do) Thumbtack will treat that as an 'exact match' and automatically charge you for that Lead even though the Lead is looking for a type of service you don't provide. Thumbtack will consider the Lead to be an 'exact match' and as such it will not be eligible for a refund.

Thumbtack's ommision of 'Job Types' for the 'Mediation' category must be by deliberate design. Given Thumbtack's avid attention to quality assurance and robust testing methodologies it is virtually impossible to imagine that such a glaring ommision would have somehow slipped through the cracks.

Regards,
Laurence.