Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

I didn't ask for jobs like this

@MarcoZ 

Recently, I've been hit with a couple charges via Promote from customers who have their budgets set at "Under $500".  I don't do work at that price point.  Since I've already paid for those leads, I'll ask the customer some questions or send a quote just as shot in the dark.  I'm not expecting much.  I'd rather not get those leads.

I've been asking for an "opt out by price" feature to be added to the Video Production category for months now.  But nothing seems to change.  The option is there for Wedding and Event Videography.  So I'd like to hear your reason for why this feature is not available for ALL catergories.

It's interesting to note that on the bottom right of the job it says:

"You told us you want jobs like this, so you paid for this lead and got 20% off."

I'm telling you now, to set the record straight, that I DON'T want them.

ThumbtackPromoteYouToldUs.png

19 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: I didn't ask for jobs like this

@StoriesUpSTL I'm having a hard time remembering if you and I have discussed this specifically before. It's valid feedback that I've heard from a few other pros as well. In instances where a customer enters a budget that's far below your listed prices would you prefer to not show up in their search results, some sort of prompt to the customer that their budget is set far below your price, or some other alternative?

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@Kameron I haven't really thought about how it should work from the user's point of view.

Maybe grey out my picture/logo and name and put up a green notification banner that says (only works with budgets of $X and above OR minimum budget of $X required).

I think there is some value of me staying on the list visually as a customer may tinker with the perameters.  They might start with $1000 and then switch over to $500 only to end up switching back to $1000.

Eventually I like to have the ability to really fine tune the Promote feature even further.  Maybe I want to show up in search results for jobs in the $1000-$1500 range, but I only want to Promote for jobs in the $1500-$3000 range. 

Moderator Meckell

@StoriesUpSTL I really like this idea! I agree with you that there would still be value in showing pros on the list. Would you be more likely to promote your business in all of your areas if this was an option for pros? 

StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@Meckell yes, if I could pick more custom parameters, I would probably experiment with Promote for Video Production in some other markets.

Moderator Meckell

@StoriesUpSTL that's good to know. Let us know if any other ideas come to mind! 

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

I don't want jobs like this.

I'm really sick of getting hit with Promote charges for jobs that I don't do (low budget or way too much work for their budget).  Please fix your platform and put in more paramters so I can be productive with my work day and stop wasting time having to respond to these paid leads and tell them I'm not interested or available. 

You force me to stay on top of my replies to keep my ratings up.  So much of Thumbtack's message these days is about letting the Pros "focus on what is important".  But I'm wasting my time and money on these garbage leads and now I'm wasting my time posting on this community board because you guys don't have an option for disputing charges on archived leads.

Moderator Kameron

Re: I don't want jobs like this.

@StoriesUpSTL Your suggestion on this is indeed one that I’ve documented and shared with our teams through our past conversations. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had continued frustrations around this and if there are any charges that you’d like to send me for review through direct message please feel free to do so.

0 Kudos

Customer's budget is less than my clearly stated hourly rate

Why do we pay for leads like this?

A customer contacts me under the promote system - I pay for that lead.

My profile states my hourly rate as $200/hour.

Customer asks me to work a 2 hour event for $150 total.

To me this is NOT a quality lead that I should be charged for. This customer had access to my clearly stated rates and chose to contact me when they don't have a reasonable budget for their event.

Refund denied because their request fit my service preferences. 

Pros should be protected from this - at the very least we should not have to pay for it!

pgrether
Level 6

Re: Customer's budget is less than my clearly stated hourly rate

I have had this happen so many times. When I called TT about they reluctantly refunded the money and said they would not it again. We should be protected from this but why would they? TT is making their part, so why bother?

0 Kudos