Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Customer's budget is less than my clearly stated hourly rate

@pgrether 

What's to stop a customer from asking a pro to donate their services for a fund-raiser/charity event?

These leads aren't valuable - TT says we pay for the leads that match our preferences. Our hourly rates are listed in our service preferences tab.

I hear what you are saying - "why should they care if their pros are paying for worthless leads, as long as they are paying?"

And it would seem... perhaps they don't?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pgrether
Level 6

Maybe it's just the cost of doing business?
0 Kudos

@Meckell @Kameron 

Any thoughts on this? Has this been brought up before?

I have plenty of things that I'm willing (and happy) to pay for. 

Solid leads/customer aquisition/marketing/equipment etc.

Paying for a service to provide leads who refuse to pay a fair rate is an unwise business expense... I'm hoping Thumbtack would agree with it's pros on this one!

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hey there @ScottArcangel! This has been brought up in the Community, and I can definitely see your side of things. Do you mind sending me a private message with the name of the customer you were referring to in your original post? That way, I can add it to the feedback that I'm going to send to our product team regarding this.

0 Kudos

@Meckell 

Sure - emailing you now.

Just paid for a lead that wants me to accept $100, when my rate as advertised should be $600.

StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

"I'm not sure"

Can someone from Thumbtack please explain why they let posts like this on the platform?

This customer wants some sort of "Concert/Performance" filmed for 9 hours.  But there are no details given.  How many people are performing?  What are they performing?  Will there be breaks or will it be 9 hours straight?

But my bigger issue with the post is the "I'm not sure" listed under Budget.

The word "budget" is NOT what you HOPE to find out that it costs, when you receive quotes from Professionals.  It is what you ACTUALLY CAN AFFORD to pay for those services. 

The statement "I'm not sure" is completely untrue.   She may have a budget of $100.  She may have a budget of $1000.  She has a budget, she's just not telling the Pros what it is.  If someone gives her a quote of "$2000" and she says "That's out of my price range." or "That's more than I want to spend", they should get a refund for the quote because she just contradicted herself with those responses.

There is NO REASON Thumbtack should allow people to post jobs like this with such few details and FOR SURE they should NEVER let people post without listing a budget range.

MGHimages
Level 4

Re: I didn't ask for jobs like this

I've been having the same problem.

Several times I've been charged PROMOTED charges for projects that are clearly under budgeted.

I've complained a few times, and have received a couple refunds, with a promise that the Thumbtack team will look into it.

But this is still happening.

So, I've paused my promoted services until Thumbtack can figure out a way to either lock-out our profiles for customers whose budget falls below our posted pricing. Or, at least gives us an opportunity to decline the project BEFORE auto-charging us.

I can accept some "cost of doing business" expenditures, but I signed up with Thumbtack for a more targeted approach to finding clients. If I wanted to spend money to advertise to a bunch of people that can't afford my services, I'll take out a billboard or radio ad.

techlab
Level 5

Charged today $4 for a $25 job that I wouldn't take anyway. Why can't we set minimums or anything that would be a way to not to have to piss money away?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@techlab did the job not match your preferences and that's why you decided to pass on it? We don't want you to get charged for jobs that are outside of your preferences so if that was the case for this one, I want to make sure we get you taken care of. 

0 Kudos
techlab
Level 5

@Meckell The problem is that according to the preferences it would be a type of job I'd like in the service area, but it's not worth paying for a job that small and I don't see how to make a minimum. I don't have a physical location to drop the items off, so I'd have to go pick it up and that just makes it less and less worth it.  I also agree with some of the others that it if the customer isn't specific with a budget or other info then you're getting charged for other kinds of worthless leads.

0 Kudos