Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
janet1
Level 5

I have sent requests to several current customers for rec...

I have sent requests to several current customers for recommendations but I don't believe they received these requests.

Janet

0 Kudos
8 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: I have sent requests to several current customers for rec...

@janet1 it sounds like your talking about sending quotes manually through the Jobs tab. When it comes to the Jobs tab those opportunities will come in when a customer has already reached out to a pro directly from the search results. It's meant to be more of a secondary way for pros to introduce themselves to customers. When you send a quote manually a customer will receive a notification directing them to your quote (depending on their notification settings). Your quote won't appear directly in their inbox, but can be seen when they look at their project and the list of pros that want to work with them. 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Kameron What happens if the lead never installs the app on the phone and just uses their computer? This is a case I come across many times. In this case, will the lead never see my messages that I respond to Jobs Tab leads?

Since many of the users bumpd into TT by doing a Google search and have never heard of TT, many have no interest in actually installing the app on their devices

Moderator Kameron

@MR the notifications that the customer can receive are not just specific to the app. Whether on the app or logging in on their computer, as I mentioned, quotes sent to the customer through the Jobs tab can be seen when they look at their project and the list of pros that want to work with them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
janet1
Level 5

So....how do I get new recommendations?  I asked several people who agreed to send them in, but they never received the request that I sent through Thumbtack.

Janet

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@janet1 the best way to get new leads on Thumbtack is by working on your ranking in the search results. When customers find and reach out to you directly they'll show up in your inbox as a new lead. You can learn more about how Thumbtack works in general for pros here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/how-thumbtack-works.

You may also want to take a look at these two articles about pro ranking and search results.

Be sure to let us know if you have any other follow up questions. 

0 Kudos
RCPS
Level 7

@Kameron I believe that @janet1 may be referring to reviews...
Moderator Kameron

@RCPS Ahh I think you're right, thank you for pointing that out.

@janet1 apologies for my misunderstanding. If you've sent a review request through the messenger the customer should receive it there. If you'd like, you could start a new thread and ask for any thoughts or advice from fellow pros that feel they do well at getting reviews on Thumbtack.

We also have an article that talks about other ways to get reviews here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/ask-for-reviews

0 Kudos
janet1
Level 5

Thank you; this is helpful.

Janet