results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Wreach
Level 6

Our Customers

Hey everyone! I just got back from a meet and greet with a new client. I have finally managed to get new customers from TT, in the past month. I do not use promote, I do not send out quotes on leads, I worked on my profile, and only respond to customers who contact only me. There are many house cleaners in my area. I still have many issues with TT, and it is no longer my only means for drumming up business. I joined in 2015, and was a top pro up until this last cycle. This month 3 different customers have reached out to me, and all 3 have said they NEVER received any notification I replied to them! One of them was an older 60-65 who stated she could not even find were she had hired me! I am also having customers contact me from other states, before I could put in how many miles I would travel, what happened to that? I have reset my settings like i was told, and i was then again told if I used promote, I could set my settings there. Really? You run your business, I will run mine. I just feel really bad declining a job, of a customer that sounds like they really need my help. I can only imagine how they feel finding out I am not available. I keep hearing TT saying it's making a better business, in 2016 I recommended TT to everyone I knew. Today all I do is complain, and wish TT would quit changing things and do more to help pros get what they pay for.
RLHIGH2019
Level 5

Re: I want to give Thumbtack more of my money...but...

Hi, that's how I feel.  It doesn't seem like the customers are seeing my quote.  Why can't I talk directly to them.  Thumbtack is charging me before I can even get a response.  And if I do,  it's through thumbtack.  I have a small wedding business.  I have been with thumbtack about 3 months.   Well I was with them aobut 2 years before and then I came back. I have not landed anything with them, but thumbtack gets paid.  Now don't get me wrong I love getting the leads.  But I haven't landed a customer yet.  What am I doing wrong.  I am retired and need extra funds to live.

Moderator Kameron

@RLHIGH2019 Welcome back to Thumbtack! Currently, customers are not required to include their contact information up front because they've told us on most occasions that they'd prefer sharing that with a specific pro later on in their messages.

I want to help in any way that I can to make sure that you're set up for success on Thumbtack. Your profile is in a really good place right now, but here are some things I'd recommend in order to help you hear back from those customers. Reviews are the #1 biggest factor in who a customer chooses to work with. Working up to those first 10 reviews will definitely help improve the amount of responsiveness from customers. Pros can have up to 10 reviews from customers that are from outside of Thumbtack. Check out our Help Center article about this here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/ask-for-reviews.

Second I'd also suggest adding some pictures of you doing your work and helping couples on their big day. Hope these help, if you have any questions feel free to follow up with me. 

0 Kudos
Lar
Level 10

@DustiO , when you get a chance could you answer the questions I posed to you in this post?

Cheers,
Laurence.