Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
MR
Level 11

Re: I want to give Thumbtack more of my money...but...

@cranichik  Its hard to find "happy thoughts" here these days. I tried to solicit some with a direct post and only got a few pros to say they had success - but only after prompted to do so by TT themselves. 

I just read the morning posts here and they are really getting to be an issue. I cannot believe that we have not seen change, or at least information on changes to expect yet. The sentiment on these boards is absolutley horrible from a customer satisfaction level.. and the number of "I'm leaving Thumtack" posts definately seems to be on the uptick.

This is bad.

At this point TT seems to really have two options: 1) Begin fixing the issues, or 2) shut down these baords because they are all (in TT's opinion) a few misguided pros who just want to be negative and what they write is not of value.  TT can't straddle in the middle by leaving these boards up and not doing anything anymore. The balance MUST sway one way or another! Otherwise, shame on TT for just leading us on by saying that the boards are important to them.

I really hope we are not all wasting time here typing our thoughts at a team that has no plans to make material change and address these issues. That would not be good for anyone.

We have long passed the date where changes should have started...

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@MR @Lar @StoriesUpSTL @cranichik I understand that you may not feel like we deserve your faith at this point. I feel your frustrations, I can't imagine if my business had encountered such a downtick when I was using Thumbtack full time for leads. It would have been really tough for me.

But I am asking you to put your faith in me, even if you can't put it in Thumbtack at this time. There are so many positive things happening here right now - much of that thanks to this community. As soon as there is something that we can share, this will be one of the first places we share it. But I want you to know that we are working to make things better for you. Right now.

Please keep posting, please keep supporting and helping one another, and please keep doing all of the things that we advise you to do in order to be successful on Thumbtack. Whether you feel it or not right now, we are your partners and we want you to be successful

MR
Level 11

@DustiO Thank you for this note. In it I feel there is a distant glimmer of optimism. 

But if that is the case, please don't just select the 4 of us to convey the message to. Post this at the top of the page so that all can see it when they log in. If functionality change for the good is coming, we all want to know!

I do worry a bit that the big news that is coming is an aquisition or purchase of TT or by TT. Obviously this is not something you can share at the time, but please know if that is the case the level of pro angst will likely rise rather than calm.

Lar
Level 10

Hi @DustiO, thanks for chiming in and as I've said before I think your efforts to help the Pros here are commendable. 

I have faith that you honestly believe that the company who employs you is working very hard behind the scenes to do all manner of amazing things that will resolve all the major issues raised by Pros on this forum over the last six months.

You ask me to have faith in you, even if I don't have faith in the company you work for. I think it is very wrong that Thumbtack have put you in a position where you feel that you have to ask the Pros here to have faith in Thumbtack by proxy through you.

In a previous conversation we had you said that you believed that the issue right now is lead quality and that if Thumbtack were providing high quality leads that Thumbtack's Pros would be happier. You said that this was a top priority right now because if Thumbtack were providing better leads then Pros would get hired more and their ROI would be better.

On that we agree.

I want to have faith in you Dusti but faith has to start somewhere and I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions of you.

What specific changes would YOU yourself as a former Thumbtack Pro like to see Thumbtack make to increase lead quality? How specifically would those changes serve to increase lead quality?

And another similar question...

What specific changes would YOU yourself as a former Thumbtack Pro like to see Thumbtack make to increase lead volume? How specifically would those changes serve to increase lead volume?

The reason I ask is because as you know they are the two biggest issues I'm facing. If you were me Dusti, and you were still a Thumbtack Pro, what specifically would you like to see Thumbtack do to resolve those issues?

Regards,
Laurence

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@Lar Sorry for the late response here, thank you for tagging me in again.

What would I like to see, as a pro? I would like to see more leads turn into jobs - and I would like to see more flexibility in refund policy when leads don't pan out. For the reasons I stated before, I can't really go into specifics.

But generally, I want our pros to feel like they are getting a viable lead when they pay for it! Pros should always feel like their investment in Thumbtack is worth it.

I don't have any specific thoughts on how to increase lead volume, because that is far outside my area of expertise, so I can't really comment on that.

I really just want our pros to feel like we, Thumbtack, are their partners.

Lar
Level 10

Thanks for your reply @DustiO, I'm very sorry that your employers don't permit you to share specifics with us because it means that we can't have a proper conversation on these topics.

You said ... I really just want our pros to feel like we, Thumbtack, are their partners

I know you do. I want that too @DustiO. I imagine the Pros here share that same sentiment. You have only to see the concerted and continuing efforts of Pros on this forum to engage with Thumbtack to realize that they want nothing more than to partner with Thumbtack so that the system can be all it should be ... and more.

A partnership (if it is to be of any value) requires the parties involved to communicate and collaborate in a substantive fashion with a common goal in mind. Unfortunately I've seen little evidence that your employer wants to do that anymore despite assurances to the contrary. 

A partnership founded on faith would be super - if Thumbtack were a religion. Thumbtack isn't a religion though, it's a business. The Pros here aren't disciples, we're business people. If Thumbtack wanted to partner with the Pros here they would have done so and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Wanting as you do (or hoping as we do) for Thumbtack to partner with the Pros is wishful thinking on both our parts.

Thank you again for all you do here @DustiO  (as well as@Meckell & @Kameron). It's a real shame that your employer has chosen to squander the goodwill and support of the Pros here that they spent years to create and replaced it with doubt and suspicion.

I cannot understand why Thumbtack's leadership stood idly by over the last six months and allowed all of this to happen. It was all so avoidable.

Regards,
Laurence.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Lar 

I also would like to feel that Thumbtack is my partner. But the way things are going, it's becoming more difficult to feel that. We get told to keep the faith, (and I agree with you that faith is for religion), but just how much longer can we give that so called faith, as it's been at least 6 months since the new system was implemented and Pros started voicing their concerns, suggestions for improvements, etc.

I know that @DustiO , @Kameron , @Meckell do their best to try and help us. There have been many times that my anger has gotten the better of me and I have taken it out them, which isn't fair to them. But when you've been promised(not just by them but by chat reps, phone reps, etc) that feedback has been passed on, or given a pat on the back that we have given a great idea, etc. the anger builds up when you don't see anything happen, just useful tools slowly being taken away.

As you said @Lar "Thumbtack's leadership stood idly by over the last six months and allowed all of this to happen. It was all so avoidable."

With all this said, I still hope that Thumbtack can be a partner for me, you and all of the other Pros as well. Time will tell if and when major improvements will be implemented.

We sure have given our share of in depth suggestions, but we need to see something substantial, not just promises. Hoping that the new  monthly "product improvements" will be geared towards helping us.

Highlighted
Jp
Level 5

Laurence ' its been more than 6 months! Try 2 or more years! But i do agree with your thoughts and feelings! Best wishes and luck to a fellow professional! If would like to discuss ways of marketing yourself let me know ! Thedanceparty@yahoo.com
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@cranichik we don't by any means expect all posts in here to contain happy thoughts. However, if a post violates our Community Guidelines it will be removed. 

0 Kudos
K-9
Level 7

Amazing that "We" have to ask THAT Question isn't it. But as I read on down, I was "Asking Myself" the same question and wondering the very same thing. Which really is truly sad in and of itself.

0 Kudos