results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
mnemosyne
Level 5

In the INSIGHTS tab, what is the meaning of YOU GOT __ ADDITIONAL VIEWS? Are they listing views?

At the very bottom of the INSIGHTS tab, there is always a sentence that says YOU GOT ____ (some number) ADDITIONAL VIEWS.

Are these LISTING VIEWS - in other words, you showed up in search results?

Or are they PROFILE VIEWS - in other words, someone actually clicked on your PROFILE and saw that?

And what is the word ADDITIONAL in reference to? Last week? Or the previous month? 

Since most of the information in the INSIGHTS tab refers to the past 4 weeks. (It would be so much clearer & less confusing if it only referred to the past week, instead of the past 4 weeks.)

States
0 Kudos
15 responses
DJStevie
Level 11

Re: In the INSIGHTS tab, what is the meaning of YOU GOT __ ADDITIONAL VIEWS? Are they listing views?

@mnemosyne 

Yeah, what is that Additional Views? Where did those views come from?

Why don't they just provide us with Profile views, which are more important to us than views when "customers" scroll. I  could use the system all day as a "customer", search for DJ's in my area, and just scroll, bypassing my profile. Does that chalk up as a view each time? If so, what good is that statistic to me?

DJ Stevie 7-11-2019

Moderator Kameron

Re: In the INSIGHTS tab, what is the meaning of YOU GOT __ ADDITIONAL VIEWS? Are they listing views?

@DJStevie do you find that having the additional statistic of listing views as that much of a negative?

I've heard from pros that they find it useful to compare that number to their profile view number to see how many listing views lead to profile views, and then profile views to leads. They can see if any adjustments they've made to their pricing, profile picture, or intro have had an effect on grabbing customer attention and converting those listing views into something more. 

DJStevie
Level 11

@Kameron 

Sorry, but it's just numbers. Better yet, why can't Thumbtack provide WHERE the additional views are coming from? If someone has my name from a previous hire, and googles me, does that show up in the Additional Views?

Anyway, it's just numbers. If Thumbtack is working with numbers, I rather want to see number of Profile views AND who looked at my profile! (age group, bride, party host, venue manager, etc).

As for Pros thinking it's great to have numbers, my main concern IS obtaining quality leads which haven't come my way for some unknown reason, and I've done everything that Thumbtack reps have suggested. I recently paused Promote as I went months without a so called lead (inbox message isn't a lead when they ask for availability) or quality lead. And will not turn it back on until some major changes occur. After all, I'm told to keep the faith by a Community rep, so let's see if any major changes occur soon that can provide quality leads as it once did prior to Promote!

DJ Stevie 7-12-2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@mnemosyne additional views are customers who have found your public profile outside of Thumbtack search results. For example, they might have found your profile by searching on Google.

mnemosyne
Level 5

@Kameron And are these ADDITIONAL VIEWS (which are not from Thumbtack search results) LISTING VIEWS or PROFILE VIEWS?
Moderator Meckell

Great question @mnemosyne! Additional views are when customers have found your public profile outside of Thumbtack so it would be a profile view.

mnemosyne
Level 5

Ohhhh I see. Ok thanks!

0 Kudos
mnemosyne
Level 5

Does it count as a PROFILE VIEW if you view your own profile?

Does it count as a PROFILE VIEW if you view your own PROFILE?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Does it count as a PROFILE VIEW if you view your own profile?

@mnemosyne we're waiting to get more clarification on this. I'll be sure to reach out as soon as we have an answer! 

0 Kudos