Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Highlighted
ReeseTee
Active Community Member

Is any form of contact information allowed in a pros about section?

Solved! Jump to solution

Questions:

In our Profile essay: Are we allowed to list our Instagram contact info?

I was just checking out the Pro-profile of someone who posted something questionable, and that Pro had their instagram contact info listed in the essay of the Profile.

*title edited by moderator on 2/11/2020 for clarity*

Occupations (2)
States
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: question about what we can put in our profile essay paragraphs?

Solved! Jump to solution

@ReeseTee @DJStevie contact info is not allowed in a pros about section of their profile. That includes phone numbers, social media accounts, etc. As I mentioned above, we have designated sections for pros to share their social media and all other contact info for that matter. If you see profiles in which pros have their contact info in their about section, please let us know! 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers your question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 responses
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@ReeseTee we of course want pros to showcase their work that's shown on their social media accounts. That's why we have a designated section on pros profiles to link that info. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Accept as Solution' if it answers your question.
0 Kudos
ReeseTee
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

Clearly, you do not understand the meaning of my question, and the larger issue involved.

DJStevie
Community Expert

Solved! Jump to solution

@ReeseTee 

I've been checking other Pro's profiles in my category to see what I may be doing wrong as I haven't had a quality lead in awhile, and noticed the same thing as you have about posting their Instagram contact info, and even to the point of placing their personal contact information WITHIN their profile.

DJ Stevie 1-2-2020

MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie I too have seen lead volumes hit near zero in December, but some of that may be because of the holidays which is a big factor for my area. That said, January always sees a big volume of new leads in my area of law as people make estate planning as a New Year's Resolution. The next couple of weeks (for me) will be a good test as to whether TT is still a viable source of leads for my line of work - because if the volume is low during one of the busiest times of the year, the issue is that people are no longer coming to TT. 

MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

If pros are allowed to link their instagram / facebook sites to the TT profile is there any reason why we can't link our website in profiles and in every communication with a lead? 

ReeseTee
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

hi Mike:  On your TT profile, it looks like your oldest review is only a couple of years old. From that, I am guessing you have only been with TT for a couple of years.
From when I joined, up until sometime around 2016 - 2017? Pro's were encouraged to put the URL to their website on their TT Profile. It was not a hack. There was a clearly defined text field in the "fill-out-your-profile" section.
Probably TT removed that because JP's could then jump to the Pro's website, hire the Pro, without TT receiving revenue.
For me, that has been a two-way street. I have the TT widget on my website. Over the years, a few times, consumers have contacted me directly for a quote....next thing I know I am seeing the job I quoted on as a new TT lead. For the time being, the widget remains, but I am on the fence about keeping it. 

0 Kudos
MR
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

@ReeseTee  Yes, I have been with TT since about mid 2017. A lot sure has changed Smiley Sad.

I did notice that TT did not address my question regarding adding a website to the profile, and if this is not allowed, how is it different from adding a link to other social media? 

In my profession (and in my geography, as this may not be the case in other areas of the country) lawyers advertising on Instagram or even Facebook may not be in their best interest as it has a pretty negative connotation as to the quality of the lawyer. However a website is pretty much mandatory.

Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@ReeseTee @DJStevie contact info is not allowed in a pros about section of their profile. That includes phone numbers, social media accounts, etc. As I mentioned above, we have designated sections for pros to share their social media and all other contact info for that matter. If you see profiles in which pros have their contact info in their about section, please let us know! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos