Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

My 10 Google reviews are not updating to the most recent... PLEASE HELP!

Hi there. Since importing my 10 (most recent at the time) Google reviews into Thumbtack when I first started, I have received many more, and as a result the Google reviews displaying in Thumbtack look outdated. I was under the impression they would auto update to my most recent 10 reviews from Google, but that is not the case.

I attempted to go through the import process again, but receive the error that 'I have already imported my Google reviews'. 

Is there any way to update my 10 Google reviews currently displaying in Thumbtack to my most recent 10 reviews??

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

~ Jill Jackson

Occupations (1)
States
5 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: My 10 Google reviews are not updating to the most recent... PLEASE HELP!

Great question @jillmjacksonESQ!  When you get a new review on Google, it does not update on your Thumbtack profile. You're allowed to import 10 reviews from Google, but once they're imported, those are the ones that will show on your profile and cannot be edited or removed. 

0 Kudos

Not the response I was hoping for, but thank you. 

That is quite disappointing actually. Not allowing a business to maintain current reviews, and in essence forcing the business to use Thumbtack for client reviews is quite hindering; not only to my law firm reputation and gaining new clients through Thumbtack, but as a result ultimately leading to less business for BOTH of us. You would think Thumbtack would provide an option here.

I must say, this restriction may be enough to force me away from using Thumbtack for good.

Thank you again for the quick response. Just wish it included a solution to my problem...

~ Jill M Jackson

chriseshar
Level 6

I understand how you feel, Jessica- been there. But, it's a temporary concern. What you need are reviews from Thumbtack users, and this will come. When you get those, then you get more. Eventually (maybe 6 months from now), you won't care about what did or didn't import from Google.

chriseshar
Level 6

Also, when I first was on Thumbtack (maybe 7/2018),you could ask an outsider for a reviewer. So, you could maybe ask one of your recent clients to post a review for you in Thumbtack? This would bump out the oldest one already imported. 

Back in 2018, I asked for reviews to get started. I asked too many people, and eventually a few well-written and thoughtful responses got bumped and replaced with "she's nice and affordable"-types. I was annoyed, but it was water under the bridge within months.

0 Kudos
boundlesstax
Level 5

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. As a business owner who is just starting out I am constantly preached to by Thumbtack to "get more reviews" and "you can even import them from Google!" - but only in the depths of this pro forum do I find out that once you do this one time, you can no longer import from Google again...ever.

Thumbtack: That's really not helping your pros starting out get any reviews onto the Thumbtack platform. I imported (unknowingly) when I had only one Google review and now have quite a few - so I was going to update them to bolster my Thumbtack profile a bit. But now knowing that I can't ever import again is incredibly frustrating. I'd rather have clients give me a review on Google or Facebook (much bigger client view-rate and search rate) and asking them to do Thumbtack too just seems redundant, especially if they didn't find me on Thumbtack.