Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Maribeth
Level 5

New to Thumbtack

Solved! Jump to solution

I just signed up to offer my company bookkeeping services on Thumbtack.  I have filled out everything on my profile, ecept to pay for leads.  I have gone on the customer side to search for my company and it does not show in the search.  Where is my profile??

Moderator Meckell

Re: New to Thumbtack

Solved! Jump to solution

@Maribeth welcome to Thumbtack and welcome to the Community! There are a variety of different things that go into where you rank, this article here has a lot of helpful information.

After looking at your profile, one thing that I would highly recommend is getting reviews. On Thumbtack, we allow you to get up to 10 reviews from customers who you've worked for outside of Thumbtack.  All you need to do in order to get that started is: Go to your reviews page, select Ask for Reviews, Click Get shareable link, and then share that link with any of your past customers. 

0 Kudos
Maribeth
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
thanks for your response however, you completely ignored what I asked.... do I have to put my credit card in to have my profile visible to customers? Further I received two leads today and went to respond and they were no longer available. I literally clicked on them as soon as the notification came through on my phone. So what’s up with that. Please address MY questions directly and not your box answer I see over and over. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Maribeth sorry that you felt the answer was canned. It looked like @Meckell did the best to answer your question directly with the amount of information that was given.

No, if you don't have card information listed you will not show in Search Results. In order to be contacted by a customer, a method of payment is required first. I'll add that neither of the two services that you offer are using Promote. That will be the biggest determining factor in how high you show up on the list due to being more available to customers. Jobs will fill up a bit more quickly this time of year and it sounds like that may have happened in this case. If you remember either of the customer names feel free to send me a direct message including those and I'd be happy to check on them.

0 Kudos
Maribeth
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
@Kameron Not sure how to send a direct message, I have the customer names though. And it’s interesting that you say I can’t be seen, when I have received a hand full of quote requests. I question if they are real or is it TT way of enticing their pros to give their CC info.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, @Maribeth if you go to Kameron's profile here you'll see the option to send him a direct message. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
Dsott9
Level 4

Finding my profile

Solved! Jump to solution
One of my clients went on the site to look me up and she cannot find me ...that's disturbing .
Also sending links via email some of my clients links do not connect them to write a review
What's up with that ?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Finding my profile

Solved! Jump to solution

@Dsott9 I want to make sure we get you showing up. What's really going to help you is completely filling out your profile, that helps determine where you rank when a customer does a search for a pro. Let's have you start by filling out your about me section, get a few reviews, and add photos! Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

ashglassml
Level 5

Not showing up in search results, no customers

Solved! Jump to solution
I posted yesterday about getting no responses and jobs since this change of being promoted. I believe my post was deleted for some reason. Now I’m not even showing up in a search. Very upsetting. I have good referrals, pictures, prices. I’ve been on TT for 2 yrs now. Never had a problem getting jobs on here before. Now? None. I’m seriously considering trying Home Adviser.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Not showing up in search results, no customers

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @ashglassml, your post wasn't deleted, you'll see it here. Under that post, Kameron gave you some great tips on how to show up in search results. Take a look over that and then feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions!

0 Kudos