results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
ashglassml
Level 5

Re: Not showing up in search results, no customers

Solved! Jump to solution
So I’m not even listed.... 8 reviews. I dont even have the possibility of any jobs.
cal5050
Level 4

No Leads and I don't show up in my area or any where

Solved! Jump to solution

What the heck is going on 4.9 stars been on here 3 years 77 review 184 hires suddenly no leads if I look for wedding photography in my own zip and i do not come up but people with no reviews or a few reviews do. What's up?

OTL
Level 5

Thumbtack’s new system has made it a very expensive version of yelp

Solved! Jump to solution
The new system has made my leads go from 1-3 per day to 0. My profile is filled out, I have pictures, I have all the verifications, and five star reviews. I’ve done everything they suggest. I also use promote which is awful in its own way. I’m fairly certain that I’m not getting leads because I’ve only been on Thumbtack for a short period of time so am competing with companies that have 100s of reviews. Before I would receive notification of a job and would be able to reach out to the customer personally and it allowed me to have a shot of competing with the more established businesses. Now the customer has to find me which puts me at a severe disadvantage. I was getting hired a fair amount before, now I’m not at all. Thumbtack is basically an expensive yelp. At least yelp doesn’t charge me when someone does contact me to ask me a question.
Moderator Kameron

Re: Thumbtack’s new system has made it a very expensive version of yelp

Solved! Jump to solution

@OTL when you were getting 1-3 leads per day previously, are you referring to jobs that came in on your Jobs page that you then sent out quotes to on your own? Or where those responses to quotes that were sent out via Instant Match? Your reviews and profile appear to be above the average in your market. I did a search for your categories and zip code and found that you showed up at the very top of the list almost every time. 

0 Kudos
OTL
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The previous leads were jobs that I was notified about on my jobs page and then would send out personalized quotes. Now even with instant match I haven’t sent out a single quote since last Tuesday. Before I was sending out multiple quotes a day and getting a fairly decent rate of response. Now nothing, not a peep.
0 Kudos
OTL
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The previous leads were jobs that I was notified about on my jobs page and then would send out personalized quotes. Now even with instant match I haven’t sent out a single quote since last Tuesday. Before I was sending out multiple quotes a day and getting a fairly decent rate of response. Now nothing, not a peep.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: No Leads and I don't show up in my area or any where

Solved! Jump to solution

You do have an awesome profile @cal5050 and I want to make sure you're being shown to customers! I'll send you a private message with more info on what's going on, keep an eye out for that! 

0 Kudos
BobsPCRepair
Level 5

Cincinnati Computer Repair profile not showing up

Solved! Jump to solution

I have completed my profile completely. I have already gotten at least 3 customers to leave a review. I've added several pictures. My work schedule is filled out and open for jobs. I also have set budgets and added cc info. Everything is done.

One huge problem. When I have had people search for my business on Thumbtack for computer repair in my exact area code, my business doesn't even show... not even at the bottom of the list after clicking "More" several times at the bottom of the page results! I also have logged out of TT, cleared all browser cache, and searched myself, even on a neighbors computer that has nothing to do with my account, and nowhere does my business show up.

I do not use "PROMOTE" but read that I would still show up in results, just maybe not that high in ranks, but I don't show at all anywhere!!!

If you tell me the only way my business will show in Cincinnati computer repair or networking results is for me to use "PROMOTE", I'll be canceling my account immediately as I will not be bamboozled like so mnay other poor PROS are being by the fake and expensive leads I am reading everyone complaining about. I want to start off having more control over who I send quotes to and try to make sure I get the most bang for my buck but am really upset that my business isn't anywhere in any results, even when searching in my exact zip code of my business!

WHAT GIVES!?!

Moderator Kameron

Re: Cincinnati Computer Repair profile not showing up

Solved! Jump to solution

@BobPCRepair, I did some digging to see what we could do to bring you up in the Search Results and here's what I've found.

I searched for Computer Repair in the two zip codes listed on your account. Once I put in the search I didn't see you listed while the option for "Phone or internet (no in-person meeting)" was checked. When I unchecked this then you appeared on the list as #5 for both zip codes, which is great!

Phone or internet, is a much more competitive space since many more pros can appear in that portion of the search. In order to appear there, I'd recommend the following:

Under Computer Repair it looks like your business hours are not quite finalized, so I'd recommend setting those up and saving it to complete your preferences. 

More reviews. To show up higher in Search Results this will be one big thing to always keep an eye on. You can have up to ten reviews from customers that are not from Thumbtack, so be sure to share your review link with customers that were happy with your work in the past. If you're not sure how to do this you can see the steps on this page here.

0 Kudos
BobsPCRepair
Level 5

Re: Cincinnati Computer Repair profile not showing up

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron

Thanks for your response. I understand everything you have said except the part about my schedule/times. I have had everything filled out completely and went and rechecked and can't find anything I am missing. I have set my work hours Mon-Sun 8AM-8PM.

What am I missing and how do I get to it?

Thanks!