Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Cincinnati Computer Repair profile not showing up

Solved! Jump to solution

@BobsPCRepair I just went and double checked. Your hours now show as set and finalized so you're good to go.

0 Kudos
goldenwesthc
Level 4

My ad doesn't show up when I do a search

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi,

I am new to Thumbtack and I am having a couple of issues.

1) I created an ad/profile and it does not show up when I do a search for the service I provide.

2) I have requested former clients to do reviews and at least one has done so, but it is not showing up on my profile.

Could you please help me resolve these issues.

Thank you,

Bill Kernan

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: My ad doesn't show up when I do a search

Solved! Jump to solution

Welcome to Thumbtack @goldenwesthc! One thing that determines where you show up in a customers search is your profile. I looked over yours, and it's off to a great start. There is definitely a few things that you can do in order to build your profile more.  When your profile is more complete, you can rank higher when a customer does a search.

I'm seeing three reviews on your profile (all of which are awesome). The average amount of reviews pros have in your market is 17, so I do encourage you to try and get a few more. Upon that, you should also look over the Frequently asked questions section and past projects and fill those out. Once you do all of this, send me a private message and I'll give you any further feedback. 

There are a variety of factors that go into how you rank. Check out this article here to learn more about this and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions! 

JENNIFER2018
Level 6

Thanks For The Promotion...NOT!

Solved! Jump to solution

I logged out of our account then  went to the Thumbtack website and entered Catering and our zip code.  I was given a choice of 30 caterers...most of them with some AMAZING reviews...others with only 2 reviews.  It is a very nice promotional set up...it looks very good.  The only thing missing was CLASSIC SOUTHERN CATERING!!  That's right caters from as far away as 50 miles were listed but not my company, even though (1)  We are located IN the zip code we entered so we would be the logical choice  (2)  Our reviews are higher than probaly 40% of the other caterers listed.  Long story short it's obvious Thumbtack is doing NOTHING to promote our company but now I have my questions about people that "request us" since we aren't even listed.  Plus we just paid almost $70 for one of these leads that "requested us" but they don';t even respond to emails...I'm quickly getting to the point of being over this whole thing!!!  Can't wait to hear this explaination.

Moderator Meckell

Re: Thanks For The Promotion...NOT!

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, @JENNIFER2018 there are a variety of things that go into where you rank aside from reviews, which you can read about here. After looking at your account I have a couple tips that I think will help.

Your overall profile score is taken into account when it comes to how you rank, so I would definitely continue to build on it!  Get a background check done, add your past projects, and add more info to your introduction.
Have you tried promoting your service yet? When you promote your service, you tell us what jobs you always want! From there, we connect you with customers and they can reach out to you the second they’re interested. Plus, you also get a rank boost and will appear higher in search results.

Give these a try and let me know what you think! 

0 Kudos
JENNIFER2018
Level 6

Re: Thanks For The Promotion...NOT!

Solved! Jump to solution

So tell me how a customer specifically requested us when we don't even show up?  I pay $67 for a lead because someone requested Classic Southern Catering then they don't even answer emails...if you didn't work for Thumbtack tell me what you would think about this?

CHSHOME
Level 5

THUMBTACK'S NEW BETA SYSTEM IS A FAILURE

Solved! Jump to solution

We've been using Thumbtack for well over 7 Years. We are sitting at a 4.6 Stars

Like a lot of you, we were thriving when we were paying by the Credit System. Which in our Feild we paid on average $5 per Lead. 

But now ever since Thumbtack went Beta, we are dead in the Water. We haven't got any Leads (And we are Promoted) We get maybe 1-2 Jobs a Week, in the Job Section. And we can't understand "Why" our Profile wasn't sent out. Especially when the Customer fit our Criteria. 

We've even Reported this & it's been well over a Month and still no Work.

We are okay with paying Thumbtack their $10- $20 per Customer Contact. We're left with no choice but to find other alteratives to get our Self Empolyed Small Business back on track. 

Moderator Meckell

Re: THUMBTACK'S NEW BETA SYSTEM IS A FAILURE

Solved! Jump to solution

Let's get things figured out @CHSHOME!

There are five different things that are taken into account when it comes to where a pro ranks. They are:

1- Profile

2- Promoting your service

3- Having your pricing filled out

4- Responsiveness

5- Reviews.

After looking into your account, it looks like you don't have your pricing filled out yet. Filling that out will help you not only show your prices to customers, but it will help you rank higher as well. To get this taken care of just go to Services >House Cleaning > Edit Prices > Set up. 

Let us know if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos
CHSHOME
Level 5

Re: THUMBTACK'S NEW BETA SYSTEM IS A FAILURE

Solved! Jump to solution

We've got everything filled out, that purtains to our Criteria.

Your Online Custmer Service said we aren't even showing up on Thumbtack's Search Engines. They also said your Tech Support is looking into it. Which it's been well over a Month & we haven't seen not One Lead. 

In the meantime other Pros are getting Work & we will be Homeless within a Month

When I first joined Thumbtack I was getting a plethora of job leads under the Jobs tab. Within the last few months I've had 0 Jobs. I've increased my Travel Preferences, budget and more and it doesn't seem to be funneling Job leads to the Job section. Is there a reason why I haven't been getting job leads and is there anything I can do on my end to increase my visibility or have jobs sent my way? Look forward to a hearing some feedback! 

Best,

Ashley